x

Reader won't connect to Square for Restaurants - UK

I asked this in the troubleshooting sections, but it seems to be a US section? maybe? I'm not sure, I'm new to this...

Hi there,

Recently purchased a square stand & accessories to work with my ipad for our hotel bar. Everything seems to connect up fine with the "Square Point of Sale (POS)" app (which is good and all, but doesn't seem to give me the flexibility with staff like the "Square - Restaurants POS" app). But everytime I go onto the "Square - Restaurants POS" app, it says stand connected then reader failed....

I've tried all the troubleshooting steps, I've force quit, I've forgotten the reader, I've tried repairing, I've tried just USB pairing, etc etc etc, doesn't seem to work. I signed out of "Square Point of Sale (POS)" just in case that was interfering and still getting "Reader Failed to Connect".

Any help would be appreciated...

Message 1 of 3
Report Inappropriate Content
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Sorry to hear you're running into this @Ianb1! There's one additional troubleshooting steps I'd like to try: on your iPad Device Settings > Privacy > Local Network > please check that Square for Restaurants is toggle to blue and that is also toggled to blue in Privacy > Bluetooth.

If these have both been turned on and the reader is still not connecting, you can claim a replacement reader

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Admin

Best Answer

Sorry to hear you're running into this @Ianb1! There's one additional troubleshooting steps I'd like to try: on your iPad Device Settings > Privacy > Local Network > please check that Square for Restaurants is toggle to blue and that is also toggled to blue in Privacy > Bluetooth.

If these have both been turned on and the reader is still not connecting, you can claim a replacement reader

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 2 of 3

Yep! It was the privacy/accessibility options! Thanks

Message 3 of 3