x

Recordkeeping for 501c3s

I'm a 501c3 which means I have to provide a receipt for every donor that they can use for their taxes.  I also need the name of every donor along with the amount they donated for my records.  I see language on the website that indicates that all this is possible, but I cannot figure out how to configure the settings to require people to provide an email for their receipt, nor can figure out how to track their donations on my dashboard.  I'm sure there's just a setting that I'm not seeing.  Any suggestions?

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square

@safetenneessee Great question! There are a few parts to this that I can help clarify. 

We don't have a way to require customers to enter an email address, the "No Thanks" option will always display on the receipt screen but you do have options. If you have a receipt printer set up, you can turn on your settings to always automatically print receipts for your transactions. You can also have your cashier ask each customer for their email, instead of handing the device over to your customer, to ensure that your customer does not click the "No Thanks" receipt option. 

If you have Customer Management turned on in the Square app, you can add new customers to your Customer Directory right from the payment screen. Here’s how:

- From the register screen, tap Current Sale.
- Tap Add Customer > Create New Customer.
- To add a customer outside of a sale:

- Tap the three horizontal lines in the lower-left of the screen.
- Tap Customers.
- Tap Create Customer.
- The contact information you’ve added to the sale will be available in your Customer Directory.

Message 2 of 2