x

Redeem and Earn Rewards through Square Online Store

I see on the Square FAQ pages that it states there is a way for customers to earn and redeem loyalty points through the Square Online Store. How does that happen?  We have tested our online store and I can't figure out how to make sure customers can do this.  

Here is the link to the Square page I am referencing: https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/6462-square-loyalty-faqs

Message 1 of 21
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @cupzcoffeeaz-

Customers can redeem or earn rewards for transactions completed through your Square Online Store. When completing a transaction on your business’ website, the buyer will need to enter in their phone number to apply any accrued rewards to their transaction. The rewards used for the purchase will appear on their digital receipt.

For more information, take a look here. Let me know if you have any questions about this!  

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!

View Best Answer >

Message 8 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Admin

Hi @erichash! So are you not seeing the section come up that asks the customer, or you in this case, to enter your phone number?

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 2 of 21
Super Seller Alumni

We're not seeing it either @nika 

It asks for phone number to begin checkout, but has no connection or step for loyalty

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 3 of 21
Admin

Ah shoot. @erichash @pessosices Looks like there was a hiccup and some information was accidentally posted too early on our Support Center. So sorry about that. Good news is that this is expected to actually launch in just a few weeks. Stay tuned!

Bea_
Join the Beta Community
Message 4 of 21
Super Seller Alumni

Oh cool! Figured as much!

Sweeeeeet - can't wait! Our customers are going to absolutely love that!

Thanks for the update!

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Message 5 of 21
Admin

You got it @pessosices! Sorry we goofed. But I agree- this is going to be AWESOME.

Bea_
Join the Beta Community
Message 6 of 21
Super Seller

Was this ever released? I was playing with it today and i couldn't get it to work

Message 7 of 21
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @cupzcoffeeaz-

Customers can redeem or earn rewards for transactions completed through your Square Online Store. When completing a transaction on your business’ website, the buyer will need to enter in their phone number to apply any accrued rewards to their transaction. The rewards used for the purchase will appear on their digital receipt.

For more information, take a look here. Let me know if you have any questions about this!  

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 8 of 21

Just tried this today and still doesn’t work. After entering the phone number, no loyalty points are applied. Is this feature actually live?

Message 9 of 21
Super Seller Alumni

Hey @cocobella 

Square Loyalty through the Square Online Store definitely does work now!

The only thing that doesn't work is if your program is Category based - I had to change mine over from categories to Item Based and since then it works great! It took a little bit of work, but it was definitely worth it.

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Message 10 of 21
Beta Member

Same with us. It shows available rewards but none of our customers can redeem them online.

Message 11 of 21
Beta Member

Hi, when will it be available for customers to redeem their loyalty rewards points on Square Online too? Not only when in the store, through the POS. Currently, when a customers reaches the qualified points for a rewards, they need to add a note to their order, and we manually redeem their points, and then issue a refund for the transaction that is eligible for the rewards. 

Message 12 of 21
Beta Member

Is this still not an available feature? I feel like there are conflicting answers. It doesn't work on my end either. A customer asked me and I tested it. I see my available rewards but it will not let me redeem them. 

Message 13 of 21
Beta Member

My customers cannot redeem their rewards online, either. They can accumulate them and it tells them they’ve earned their rewards but there is no way for them to actually redeem them. I have taken a photo of what the customer sees since I had one of my regulars take the time to show me. Let me know where to send the photo since I can’t seem to attach it to this post. Thanks. 

---
Lori H.
Owner, Java Shack Coffee Shop
San Diego, CA
Message 14 of 21
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @Java_Shack

I am sorry for any confusion on this but loyalty points will still accrue on Auto-discount purchases, but Loyalty rewards cannot be redeemed if any item in the cart has an automatic discount. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Message 15 of 21
Beta Member

Hi Maya…thanks for getting back to me. Couldn’t seem to send you a private message on my phone and didn’t have my laptop with me to see if that made a difference. 

Anyway, javashacksd.square.site would be the URL for the online ordering. And I’ve attached the photo of the customer’s phone while he was here trying to redeem his stars. He currently has 33 reward stars saved up.  Please let me know if you need anything else. 

Lori

57D57421-FF77-45EC-A96F-A85EB7817435.jpeg

---
Lori H.
San Diego, CA
Message 16 of 21
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Java_Shack thank you for going out of your way to provide this.  I did actually update my reply above, did you get a chance to look? I think that will address what is going on here, but if it doesn't let me know. 

Message 17 of 21
Beta Member

Nothing is automatically discounted to my knowledge unless you’re referring to the type of reward (one free item up to $7.50 value) is an automatic discount? If so, i understand why more of my customers are not utilizing the order ahead feature since they’re not able to redeem their rewards. 

This is a problem, if that’s the case. I do not want to force my customers to get a specific item free when they accrue enough rewards. They should be able to choose what they get. When a customer orders in person and wish to redeem their stars, Square terminal applies the discount to the highest value item in the order. I have noticed that my square stand, however, also does not allow customers to redeem their rewards and I need to do it manually. 

---
Lori H.
San Diego, CA
Message 18 of 21
Beta Member

I messaged Square on Instagram and I thought maybe we were getting somewhere. But it never did get resolved. Were you able to figure out a solution?

Message 19 of 21
Beta Member

It rather sounds like I’m being told that my customers cannot redeem rewards online unless it is for a specific item that I’ve assigned ahead of time. (i.e., the customer gets 9 stars, they can redeem their stars online for a mocha, for instance, vs. choosing a what they want to apply their rewards to).

I hope I’m wrong. Between the costs for features being increased (gotta pay for loyalty program, gotta pay for the kitchen display, now I’m going to have to pay to allow my customers to self-order on site) and the loyalty program being so restrictive, I will need to start comparing other POS systems. It’s a shame, really.

---
Lori H.
San Diego, CA
Message 20 of 21
Beta Member

It sounds like that to me too. It's a shame. The cost of this feature is a lot for all of this hassle.

Message 21 of 21