x
Beta Member

Redeeming e-Gift Cards

There has to be a better way to redeem e-gift cards. We had tried a few different ways with no luck, until discovering that the only way that works is to add the item, click charge, and select "card on file," and up pops a list of all of the cards on file (including e-gift cards). (you cannot select the customer first, and I don't think they can have checked in with their loyalty account yet either)

If a customer checks in to their loyalty account, even if they have the same number and email attached to the gift card and loyalty, it still won't let you select the e-gift card, it doesn't even show that their e-gift card exists while in the checkout section. (but yet, you can see it if you just go to "Customers" and view their loyalty account, just not in the checkout section)

I think this needs to be improved. Gift Cards and e-gift cards should be a payment type when you click checkout/charge, and it should allow merchants to scan the card (if able) or type in the gift/e-gift card number. Please fix this.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Champion

@smallcakesssi This really sounds like it is something Square intended to work but maybe there is a slight issue in the program. I will try to add an e gift card to one of my loyalty customers accounts and see if I have the same problem! 
we currently just type the number in the customer shows us. But if would be cool to be able to add it to their file and have it work to be charged. 

Lovewell Tea & Coffee//
Ventura, Ca

https://www.lovewellteaandcoffee.com/
Message 2 of 2