x

Referral Credit After the fact

Hi all! So, I decided to sign up for Square on a friends recommendation. As I went through the process, a referral code was mentioned (for me to invite others) and I realized I probably should have gotten a code from my friend, so I just closed out the browser window without finishing the process, thinking I'd get the code and come back later. 

Well, I got the link from my friend, but apparently I was too far along in the process because it appears I have a Square account.

Is there any way I can now allow my friend to get credit (and get the prommo for myself as well)?

PS: This all just happened in the past hour

Thanks!

Angel

Message 1 of 18
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

@derekk - Sorry for the confusion! To take advantage of our "Refer a Friend" program, you actually need to sign up using a special URL from the person who is referring them. If you want to reach out directly, a supporter may be able to work with you to manually apply this offer. 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.

View Best Answer >

Message 5 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

I'm in the same situation. Hoping someone knows what we can do about it.
Message 2 of 18
Alumni

Since this is an account-specific question, please get in touch with our team and they'll see what they can do to help! https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Questions-How-To/Where-can-I-find-my-customer-code/m-p/875#U875

Message 3 of 18

When I signed up for Square there was no place for me to enter my referral code in order to get free processing as well as for my referral, so I want to cancel my account and start over - or have the referral added. How do I go about this?

Message 4 of 18
Square

Best Answer

@derekk - Sorry for the confusion! To take advantage of our "Refer a Friend" program, you actually need to sign up using a special URL from the person who is referring them. If you want to reach out directly, a supporter may be able to work with you to manually apply this offer. 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 5 of 18

I signed up with amex and supposed to get 1000 free processing then i got an email stating soneone had signed up but they have charged me the processing. So i called support and they cant even see either credits. Its unacceptable that a company can be so un professional. So so expect any free pricessing when they confirm it!

Message 6 of 18

Same thing happened to me... I started the account setup using my friend's referral link, but then stopped to come back later. My friend said she didn't have any confirmation that it worked. I have emailed Square to see if they can resolve it. 

Message 7 of 18
Square

@Tinkky - Sorry to hear about the trouble. It can be a little tricky getting your referrals to sign up using your unique link. I find that a lot of the time, friends jump the gun and sign up using our site. It does look like you were able to get this manually applied after working with a supporter. 

@BeBraveBeauty - If you can reach out directly, we'd be happy to also see if this is an option for you. We'll just need you to also include the email address of the person you referred. 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 8 of 18

@Sean, I did reach out directly and am awaiting a reply. I didn't referr anyone, someone referred me and it didn't work.

Message 9 of 18

@Sean, I was just able to call and get it done. 🙂

Message 10 of 18
Square

@BeBraveBeauty - Glad to hear, and thanks for reporting back. 🙂

Sean
he/him/his
Message 11 of 18

How did you get ahold of them? I have this EXACT SAME PROBLEM. I did exactly what you did and now I want to see if the referral code can be applied. I tried calling but it hangs up on me saying they have a high call volume and no one is available 😞 i also emailed twice with no reply. 

Message 12 of 18

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: How do I give my friend credit for referring me? 

My friend refers me to square and asked if I could list him as my referral source to square how do I do that?

Message 13 of 18
Admin

@gateleybrian I've added your post to this thread — take a look at the next steps shared here by Sean

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 14 of 18

Where do I go to accept $1000 referral reward?

Message 15 of 18
Admin

Hi @Teahowell!

I moved your question over to this thread so you can take a look at Sean's best answer. This should get you on the right track!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 16 of 18

Hi there, 

I am in the same situation as others on this thread. Is there a specific number I can call, or email I can write to? I've got the referral link my friend sent me, but made the mistake of setting up my account without it. Can I get her (and myself) the credit after the fact?

Thanks!

Message 17 of 18
Alumni

Our Support team would be able to look into this with you over the phone or through email, @BroSun! ☀️ 

You can learn more about Square's Referral Program here.

When you have a moment, please reach out directly by logging into your Square account and heading here.

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 18 of 18