x

Refunds don't show up in daily Activity? That's absurd.

How am I supposed to go back and find the details if I can't pull up the transaction, because it doesn't show up in Activity for the day?! 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Hello @serenditea, you can view refunded transactions from the activity section of the Point of Sale App or the Square Dashboard

To view it in the Point of Sale App click on the three horizontal bars in the top left of your screen. Then select activity, any transaction that has been refunded will have an orange arrow attached to it. You can click on the arrow to view more details about the transaction. 

From the Square Dashboard you will head to the Sales tab on the left hand side of your screen. From here, select Transactions; you will find it towards the top. This will show all of your transactions for a given date. Refunded transactions will be indicated with a grey arrow on this page. 

Also you can adjust your email notifications, so you can receive an email each time a refund is issued. The email will have a link for you to view the transaction in the Square Dashboard. I highly recomend this feature. 

Please let me know if I can help with anything else! 😀

Message 2 of 6

Thanks for letting me know how to find in the dashboard; however, it DOES NOT show up in Activity. I just checked again and no refund appears.

Message 3 of 6

@serenditea I recomend deleting and then reinstalling the App on your device. You can then correlate your refunds using your Square Dashboard and the Point of Sale App. They will show up, as described above. 

Message 4 of 6

I have the same problem.

I accidentally charged a customer twice this morning, and when I discovered the duplicate I issued a refund. 

Now, although I see both the original charge and the duplicate, I can't see ANY TRACE of the refund transaction.

I'm using a browser at squareup.com.

I got an email from Square confirming the refund, but there's no trace of the refund in my dashboard or in Transactions.

How can I see the refund?

Thanks.

Message 5 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hello @kmbrown!

The refund typically doesn't process immediately but once it does- it'll show as refunded on your Dashboard.

Most take a business day or a few hours to show as refunded. 

Hope this clears things up!

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 6