x

Remove, Move or Hide Gift Card, Discounts, etc., Categories

On the screen where categories are listed, at the top are the Gift Card and other categories.  I'd like to hide them or remove them, or at least move them to the bottom below my created categories.

Searched help and dashboard but don't see a way to do that.  Any ideas?

Thanks

Rick Weaver

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Super Seller Alumni

I assume you are talking about the Library listing on the tablet version of Square Point of Sale app.  No there is not a way to move, or hide those categories.  Maybe in a future release.

Message 2 of 11

We recently purchased a Square Terminal and setup a number of categories. However, one category that displays at the top of our list that we didn't create is "Discounts." We'll never use it. Is there a way to hide or remove it?

Message 3 of 11
Square Community Moderator

Hey @cosmun!

I moved your post to an existing thread where another seller had the same question.

As @RHatch mentioned- there's not a way to hide these categories.

I'm happy to pass it forward as a feature request to our Product Team for you!

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 11
Beta Member

I would also like to be able to hide Categories, especially while I am working on them and donʻt have them ready to appear on the web store. We can apparently hide Items without deleting them, but not Categories. Itʻs a nuisance to do work-arounds, especially for categories with a lot of items, as some of us have in retail shops.

Message 5 of 11

I too don't want to see the upper items appearing on my terminal library.  I want to see my items first, not Gift Cards, Rewards, Discounts, Service Charges. Nor do I then want to see a group by Category.  I know that if I click on the Items line I get what I want but it reverts back to the other screen after each sale.  We use a lot of volunteers in our NFP and it's hard to explain to them how to scroll, scroll, scroll or click Items.  It would be helpful if we could hide this stuff or customize our own terminal screen.

Message 6 of 11

I have provided an answer to this question in your other post @LEWroxy. Let us know if you have other questions.

JJ
Message 7 of 11

Me too... I don't need all of that crap on the top of my list. I just want to quickly get to items.. I don't needs the other stuff at all. I don't use, won't use it, don't want it. 

Message 8 of 11

Thanks for joining others requesting this feature to customize the item list on Square Point of Sale @homestead1870.

I will make sure to pass this one over to our product team for their visibility and consideration when working on future updates.

JJ
Message 9 of 11

Is there any option to remove this yet ?!??!
At least move it to the bottom of the page. Why do I need to scroll past features I do not want or use to get to my own products? ?

Message 10 of 11

Thank you for taking the time to share your interest in this feature @gearheadmerch I recommend you submit a Feature Request here. This will help our product team get visibility and track other Sellers with similar interest in your request. 

Important: When submitting a request, make sure to include the desired feature, and provide the details of how this feature will help your business succeed (how would you use it and what you expect from it).

JJ
Message 11 of 11