x
Highlighted

Remove, Move or Hide Gift Card, Discounts, etc., Categories

On the screen where categories are listed, at the top are the Gift Card and other categories.  I'd like to hide them or remove them, or at least move them to the bottom below my created categories.

Searched help and dashboard but don't see a way to do that.  Any ideas?

Thanks

Rick Weaver

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super Seller

Re: Remove, Move or Hide Gift Card, Discounts, etc., Categories

I assume you are talking about the Library listing on the tablet version of Square Point of Sale app.  No there is not a way to move, or hide those categories.  Maybe in a future release.

Message 2 of 5
Highlighted

Is there a way to hide or remove the "Discounts" category?

We recently purchased a Square Terminal and setup a number of categories. However, one category that displays at the top of our list that we didn't create is "Discounts." We'll never use it. Is there a way to hide or remove it?

Message 3 of 5
Highlighted
Square Community Moderator

Re: Is there a way to hide or remove the "Discounts" category?

Hey @cosmun!

I moved your post to an existing thread where another seller had the same question.

As @RHatch mentioned- there's not a way to hide these categories.

I'm happy to pass it forward as a feature request to our Product Team for you!

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 5
Highlighted

Re: Is there a way to hide or remove the "Discounts" category?

I would also like to be able to hide Categories, especially while I am working on them and donʻt have them ready to appear on the web store. We can apparently hide Items without deleting them, but not Categories. Itʻs a nuisance to do work-arounds, especially for categories with a lot of items, as some of us have in retail shops.

Message 5 of 5