x

Remove VAT from Receipts

Hi

New to square, when I view receipts it opens up branding and it is showing VAT on the sample.

I'm not VAT registered.

Please can someone help me with the settings as I have had 20 bookings since I opened and I don't know how to view the receipt they were sent to check that I have set it up correctly

Many thanks

Message 1 of 2
Report Inappropriate Content
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Welcome to the community @puptopiadogpark, and thanks for creating your first thread!

I understand how daunting it can be when you’re just getting used to a new tool. Especially in business, it’s important to get it right, so I’m really glad you’ve reached out to the community for advice. 

If you’ve not added a VAT number to your receipt and not applied taxes to your sales, then please be assured that the receipt that is sent will be aligned to your settings, rather than the example receipt. 

You can view your customer’s copy of the receipt from your Dashboard, by following these steps:

1. Log in to Transactions in your Square Dashboard.
  2. Use the date selector at the top left of the screen to locate the transaction and click the transaction.
  3. Click the blue Receipt/Invoice ID to see your customer-facing receipt, including the customer’s signature if included.

If you don’t see the Transaction tab in your quick access menu on the Dashboard, you can search for it using the Magnifying Glass 🔍 on the top right of your screen. Or, you can add it to the Quick Access Menu by selecting the Edit option. 

Sineaid_0-1714484400548.png

I hope this helps, and I hope to see you here again while you continue to learn how to get the most out of your new Square tools!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Best Answer

Welcome to the community @puptopiadogpark, and thanks for creating your first thread!

I understand how daunting it can be when you’re just getting used to a new tool. Especially in business, it’s important to get it right, so I’m really glad you’ve reached out to the community for advice. 

If you’ve not added a VAT number to your receipt and not applied taxes to your sales, then please be assured that the receipt that is sent will be aligned to your settings, rather than the example receipt. 

You can view your customer’s copy of the receipt from your Dashboard, by following these steps:

1. Log in to Transactions in your Square Dashboard.
  2. Use the date selector at the top left of the screen to locate the transaction and click the transaction.
  3. Click the blue Receipt/Invoice ID to see your customer-facing receipt, including the customer’s signature if included.

If you don’t see the Transaction tab in your quick access menu on the Dashboard, you can search for it using the Magnifying Glass 🔍 on the top right of your screen. Or, you can add it to the Quick Access Menu by selecting the Edit option. 

Sineaid_0-1714484400548.png

I hope this helps, and I hope to see you here again while you continue to learn how to get the most out of your new Square tools!

Message 2 of 2