x

Remove account owner from appointments?

I am the account owner, but do not need a "calendar" in the appointments app.  Is there a way to remove my name from the app and only list my employees?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Hello @Blush8675309

Currently we do not offer this ability on Square Appointments. Right now, the account owner will always have a default profile that can't be removed or edited. It's an interesting suggestion though! 🙂

Message 2 of 8
Beta Member

I would also like to request that this be an option. As the business owner, I do not perform any services, and yet I am required to have a calendar for myself. This is not necessary in my opinion. Please remove this requirement as it is sloppy, and a waste of space in the menu.

Message 3 of 8

@BradSC, i agree 100%! it is pointless and waste of money when Square charges $50 for 2-5 employees and 1 of the 2 employees is the  business owner (me) but do not perform services or take appointments. Annoyed.

Message 4 of 8

@tranguyen @Chad I was wondering if this could be looked at again? Particularly because the new Square Appointment plans will not charge on a per staff account basis -Square make nothing from these additional Owner 'staff' accounts being present. As the others have pointed out, the Owner account being bookable gives us a practical problem that should be easier to avoid.

For example, I am signed in as the Owner account at my front-of-house Square stand and several staff members use this to book appointments throughout the day. When adding an appointment, it is very easy to make the mistake of booking me, the Owner, to the service - particularly in a busy, live environment.

Similar to how we can disable staff members from being bookable online, please extend this so we can disable staff members/owners being bookable for certain services at all.

Message 5 of 8
Square Community Moderator

Welcome back to the Community, @Curlers

I am jumping in for Tra on this one.

Appreciate you adding your voice to  this feature when it comes to Appointments & owner requirements. 

I have gone ahead and tagged this post/thread as a Feature Request with the Product Team, so they can take a look into these options for the future of Appointments. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 8

Just wanted to add that I am considering moving to Square Appointments, but having to have a calendar as a business owner could be a deal breaker for me

Message 7 of 8
Beta Member

While the business owner does have a calendar, you do not have to use it, nor do you even have to view it. While Square has a few missing features in this area, they do at least allow you to customize your view to not show certain calendars.

e.g. I have 8 employees, each with a calendar, but only 4 employees use their calendars, so we just don't view the calendar of the other 4 employees. It's really not that bad of a situation, but it would be nice to have a feature (see also: permission) allowing employees to manage all calendars without giving them their own calendar.

Message 8 of 8