x
Beta Member

Reporting: How can I find our busiest sales day?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Busiest Sales Day

Is there a way to easily find our busiest sales days ever?  I think we just broke our record, but unlike Shopify, Square doesn’t really help to easily point out our top days of all time... as far as I can tell.  Thanks!

Message 1 of 16
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hey! Thanks for posting!

I believe the exact details of what you are looking for is a feature request, but we have something very, very close, called Sales Trends report that you can see on your Square Dashboard (Reports > Sales Trends). While this doesn't say "your sales have been highest on this date," it will compare your daily sales from that month, week, and year, and let you know if they were higher or lower than the same date the previous year.

You can also see a graph for your sales trends over the last, or current, year, and compare what was the best sales months of each year.

I hope this helps and please let me know if you have any other questions!

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Best Answer

Hey! Thanks for posting!

I believe the exact details of what you are looking for is a feature request, but we have something very, very close, called Sales Trends report that you can see on your Square Dashboard (Reports > Sales Trends). While this doesn't say "your sales have been highest on this date," it will compare your daily sales from that month, week, and year, and let you know if they were higher or lower than the same date the previous year.

You can also see a graph for your sales trends over the last, or current, year, and compare what was the best sales months of each year.

I hope this helps and please let me know if you have any other questions!

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Message 2 of 16
Beta Member

To follow up this old post, I want to be able to search for my top 10 days (by sales dollars) over the last 2 years. There is no such report nor does sales trends help. Can I download daily sales (sales by day) over a 2 year time period, to an Excel sheet. From there I can sort the data.

Message 3 of 16
Beta Member

Hmm, doesn’t really help.  Seems like a lot of work would have to go into isolating our busiest day.  Bummer. Have Dorsey call me.  Thanks 🤙🏾

Message 4 of 16
Beta Member

Confused with JavaKai response. Were you responding to me? ronloza. Who is Dorsey?

Message 5 of 16
Beta Member

Lol... "Who is Dorsey"

Message 6 of 16
Beta Member

Jack Dorsey...   Founder of Twitter and Square.   Bad joke, sorry! 

Message 7 of 16

It would be awesome if you could add the functionality to the sales trends to include 2019. 2020 was nearly a wash for many of us, so the aggregate info is all skewed. 

Thanks! k

Message 8 of 16

I'd like to chip in my two cents that adding this functionality to Square would be a great boon--both comparing to years other than previous and a basic collation of top sales days. 

Message 9 of 16

Has this still not been accomplished yet? I find it hard to believe Square hasn’t built in this functionality! It will help us have a goal to shoot for on the busiest days.

Message 10 of 16

Couldn't agree more. Seems like simple data that could be extracted and obviously incredibly helpful for future planning in staffing, goal-setting, etc.

Message 11 of 16
Beta Member

Still nothing?  😫

Message 12 of 16
Beta Member

Hi!

Yes, it's been plenty of time since this original, very requested, and very reasonable suggestion. This should have been put in to place by this time. 

Square is good- but let's get it GREAT by being responsive to your users by adding this simple, in-demand feature.

Thank you!

Message 13 of 16
Beta Member

This would be a really simple thing for their programming team to come up with. Would also help businesses set goals…

Message 14 of 16

Wow, Square has extremely poor sales reporting capabilities, and seemingly little interest in addressing it. I’m surprised I can’t use reports to answer simple questions. Like: What is my best day of the week over the year? What are my category sales by month in a simple bar chart (should compare to previous time periods)?  It’s possible Square assumes these kinds of reports are best left to our accounting software, but some of us small timers are keeping our own books, and look to Square at least for granular sales data, since Square is the POS for all sales, not just card sales. 

Message 15 of 16

Hello, @BFnG

Welcome to the Seller Community! 

We completely understand your frustration, and we appreciate you sharing your concerns. Your feedback is incredibly valuable to us. We apologize for any inconvenience caused by our current reporting capabilities. We understand the importance of detailed sales reporting, including insights like your best day of the week and category sales comparisons over different time periods. We would appreciate it if you provided your feedback in our Ideate board here as well where our product team has greater visibility. 

Thank you for your feedback as Square is continuously working on enhancing its features to meet the diverse needs of all our users.

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 16 of 16