x

Request for more items tabs

Hi, surely there is a way to have multiple pages of similar menu items?? For example desserts or baked goods, one page limits you to like 30 items or so, surely there is a way to have multiple pages?? I was told by my sales guy that there was no limit, but it seems there is. Should be possible to just swipe to the next page of similar items?? Please enable this or tell me how to do so, thanks!

Mason

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Super Seller

Are you talking about this interface?

IMG_8556.JPG

You can have up to 5 tabs along the bottom with each tab having 25 items. 

Message 2 of 6

Yes, I need more space, at least 2-3 more pages. This should have much more expandability, why can't it be expanded? I was told there are unlimited pages by my salesman and now I see that is not the case. Easily fixed with minor programing no?

Thanks,

Mason

Message 3 of 6
Super Seller

While I'm not sure about the possibility of expanding the number of tabs in the future, that seems like a lot of buttons to sort through. Would you be able to set up mutiple items under one button? For example, if you were selling muffins, you could set up multiple "price variations" (even if they were all the same price) for the different types of muffins (blueberry, chocolate, banana nut, etc.). You would then just choose the Muffins button and then select the type of muffin from the next page that would open up. Check this out for more information and see if it could work for you. Almost all of our buttons have variations under them so there are fewer buttons to search through. https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5328-item-variants-or-price-points

Message 4 of 6

Is it possible to change the order of the tabs? Seems I should be able to hold and drag to desired location, but it does't work. Thanks much!

Message 5 of 6

Hi @eCharleen - welcome to the community! 👋

Thanks for flagging this. There isn't currently a way to change the order of the tabs. 

We definitely see how this request would be helpful and appreciate the feedback. We are always working to improve the app and will communicate this to our Product Liaison team. 

Message 6 of 6