x

Retail: Can I upload a purchase order to square or do I have to manually enter it?

Retail: Can I upload a purchase order to square or do I have to manually enter it?

I am try to figure out if I can scan my purchase orders and upload them to square without having to type them out! Any help will be nice

1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Retail: Can I upload a purchase order to square or do I have to manually enter it?

We recently launched the ability to import a Purchase Order via CSV or Excel when subscribed to Square for Retail Plus.  You can read details and instructions on our help article here,  or try it out in your Dashboard.  Let us know what you think!

25 Comments
Admin

@dickscycles There isn't a way to upload/import or scan a paper purchase order at this time with Square for Retail - you have to start from the Purchase Orders section of your online Square Dashboard and click Create Purchase Order

It sounds like you have paper purchase orders? If you can share a bit more information about your business I can highlight this need to the Retail team! 

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Is it possible to Import Purchase Orders to Square Retail?

I have a few vendors that I order from who have their own purchase order system. Is it possible to import their purchase orders via CSV or something? It's not very fun to have to retype the entire purchase order in square when it could easily be imported.

Admin

Thanks for your post @TurntablesTrail. There isn't a way to import Purchase Orders yet. I'm adding your post to this thread where we can keep track of this request. Do the vendors you're working with all use the same system? Does manually importing take up a lot of time? Any additional feedback would be great! 

They dont use the same system but they typically use the same formats of name, item sku,  quantity and price. A system that could either scan a form or read an Excel spreadsheet

column would work fine. 

Admin

Got it, thank you! 

Yes I could use the same feature. It is currently possible to upload in bulk using a template to modify our library but not to upload in bulk using a template to create a PO.

As a bookstore we're adding hundreds of new items each month and to manually create each item in a PO is not feasible. For now, I've been not using POs and just uploading new items using the Square template. It makes it difficult to see what is coming in but saves time overall. Definitely a simple feature we need to use POs.

Where did you get or find the blank template for uploading inventory. I know I can do a CSV file but haven't found a blank template anywhere. Or are you just creating it yourself?

Admin

@TurntablesTrail If you already have items you can export your current item library, make changes to the file, and them upload it again. If you haven't set up any items yet the same exported file will be blank. There are detailed steps for uploading your item library for the first time in our Support Center. 

Has there been any update on this thread? I'm trying to resolve creating a series of PO's that have quite a few line items such that anyway to semi-automate the PO production would be big lift for inventory management. The closest I've been able to get there is to make sure I have all of those items created in Square using the item upload process - unfortunately from there I have to create the line items by hand. Help.

Square Community Moderator

Hey @SouthernRoots1 thanks for posting. I hear you, this is a very time consuming process at times, but we are still tracking the feature request at this time. I know that initially you have to manually type in your purchase orders, but you can always duplicate a purchase order once it has been created and edit it from there. This will work best if you have a lot of the same items ordered, but if you are entering all new items, then you will still need to manually type them in right now.

Thanks again!