x

Retain Item Grid after Overwriting Inventory

We often do a full overwrite of our inventory to add/subtract items and change prices.  Is there a way to keep the Item Grid?  we've tried saving the Token and reuploading the item but that doesnt seem to work reliably.  I'm not sure if thats supposed to work and I'm missing a step.

thanks

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hi @FantasticBk! Just to make sure I'm understanding- you're wanting to keep your original items on the item grid, and have your new items that you add NOT display on the item grid. But still have the new items available to choose from when making a sale. Is that correct?

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 2 of 4

Hi, thanks for the response.  Let me clarify a bit.  we have 10-15 items that dont have barcodes so we use the item grid for them.  they dont change over the course of a year, but our selection and pricing on our other items does change a bit, so we often overwrite the entire inventory.  When I do that, I'd like to have the buttons show up as they were before the re-upload.  I thought if I saved the token in the XLS that I re-uploaded, it would work, and I think it has sometimes, but not reliably.

thanks

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Ah I see. Thanks for clarifying @FantasticBk!

If you use change the item information but use the same token, the new item information should override the old. It's tough to tell why that's only working sometimes for you and not others without being able to look into previous changes. 

If you contact our Customer Success Team, they can walk through some troubleshooting and see where the issue lies.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 4 of 4