x

Reusing Gift Cards

Is it possible to re-use a gift card that has been exhausted and basically add it back into the inventory of cards?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Alumni

Yes, you can use a gift card once it's been exhausted. You just need to clear the balance, and then the gift card will be just like new again! 

Message 2 of 7

Clearing the balance doesn't remove the transaction history. Is there any way to clear the transaction history from the gift card?

Message 3 of 7
Admin

@Gina1 It's true, clearing a gift card balance will not delete the transaction the card was used to complete. 

If you clear the balance it will unlink the gift card from automatic receipts or loyalty so the new customer can link their email or phone number.

Is this causing problems for your business? We'd appreciate any feedback! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 4 of 7

Yes I would like to clear the history. Being a green company we offer incentives to bring back the cards so we can reuse them....but receipts are going to the wrong people after a transaction or the last person who used it will pop up and if we do not catch it the history of purchases is wrong.

Is there a way to delete the history completely on used cards?

Message 5 of 7
Super Seller

I have reused gift cards in the past. I did notice there is a "history" associated with the card, but did not know it keep any email or customer information in the card. If this is the case I think I should stop reusing it, but I have never noticed any issues such as this in my store.

Message 6 of 7

Please help with clearing the history. I too am having digital receipts go to the wrong people when reusing....

Message 7 of 7