x

Sales Reports - compare categories/items by year or month?

I love the reporting features and am really getting great information on which categories/items are selling and which aren't.  However, I would also like to compare categories/items currently selling this month to categories/items selling in the same month last year.  I've had an increase in sales and other than going back and forth between years, I don't see how to run a simple report to compare data.  For example, one single report that shows all categories sales for March 2017 vs. all categories sales for March 2018.  This data would help me better see trends.  Thanks.

Message 1 of 11
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Thanks for surfacing, @RofT. Yes, you can view sales sales comparisons by week, year, or specific date from your Sales Trends tab online and with the Dashboard App.

For step-by-steps on how to navigate, have a look here:

Hope this gets you where you need to be! Please let me know if you have any further questions.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Admin

Best Answer

Thanks for surfacing, @RofT. Yes, you can view sales sales comparisons by week, year, or specific date from your Sales Trends tab online and with the Dashboard App.

For step-by-steps on how to navigate, have a look here:

Hope this gets you where you need to be! Please let me know if you have any further questions.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 11

How can I compare quarterly sales for 2019 & 2020?

Message 3 of 11
Square Community Moderator

Hey @gbasslpc and welcome to the Community.

I moved your post to a thread where this question has been answered about comparing sales.

Check out the Best Answer above for details. 

In the future, don't hesitate to search your question first here or on the Support Center for your quickest answer too!

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 11

Can I compare sales by hour for a particular day of the week over a period of time?

I can compare last Saturday to the previous Saturday, but I haven't been able to create a sales summary for all Saturdays in 2021. I'd like to be able to look for trends by hour on particular days of the week to get staffing in line with product sales.  Some items require more time spent with the customer, so just looking at total items or total sales by hour isn't enough information.

Message 5 of 11

@Jami_Ferguson Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Seller Community!! I've merged your post to an existing thread where @RofT and @gbasslpc have both asked the same question. Tom's answer should help get you started, but as always, let me know if you have any other questions. 🙂

AshleyK
Message 6 of 11

How may I locate the merged thread for the answer to this question? I also would like to compare data from a specific day of the week over a period of time - for example, analyze sales data from every Thursday between 5-11p for the last 12 weeks

Message 7 of 11

Check out the best answer at the top of this thread, shared by Tom, @Thaislidersnyc. Please let us know how you go!

PS. I noticed it's your first post, welcome to our community 👋  

Message 8 of 11
Beta Member

Specifically sales trends comparison by MONTH should be added and would be very helpful.  Day, Week, MONTH, Year... Please

Message 9 of 11

Hey there @TannerJustis 👋

I can see how this could be helpful for your business this would be considered a feature request at this time. Thanks for showing interest in a feature like this for our Reports.

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community 

JJ
Message 10 of 11

The sales trend report only compares total sales. How do you do a comparison of category and or item sales (to the prior year, month and or day). It is helpful to know if an item or category is trending better or worse compared to set time periods. As of now you have to run multiple reports to manually compare the information. 

Message 11 of 11