x
Beta Member

Sales Tax Glitch - Weebly to Square

There seems to be a glitch between Weebly and Square. When an item is added to the online store on the Weebly side and tax is turned on, it doesn't carry over to the Square terminal side. So when I ring up a customer on my Square terminal I have to go in and manually turn on tax for any items I added through the Weebly online store.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Admin

Thanks for posting about this, @barkshopbakery. If someone orders online through your Square Online Store, it should be charging them tax with the order when they check out on the website. If you look at the order in the Orders section of your Square Online Store Dashboard, it should show the tax amount charged there. 

When you say you are ringing someone up on your Square Terminal, are you just looking up their order or were trying to charge them at the time of pickup? 

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 2 of 6
Beta Member

When I ring up a customer on the Square Terminal (over the phone or in person for curbside pickup) the sales tax is not toggled on even though it is turned on in Weebly on the online store. This happens to items that I’ve added on Weebly that then get synced with Square.

Message 3 of 6
Admin

Thanks for clarifying. Tax settings in your online store will only apply to orders places through the online store. For orders you are entering through Terminal they will use tax settings from your Square account instead.

Adam
Message 4 of 6
Beta Member

My tax settings on the Square Terminal have always been set. This issue doesn’t happen with any other items, only the ones added through Weebly instead of on Square’s end. Can this glitch please be submitted as an issue?

Message 5 of 6
Admin

Ok, thanks for the additional info. Can you contact our support team so they can escalate the issue for you? Thanks!

Adam
Message 6 of 6