x

Sales Tax for Wix Store

I started using Square to process payments on my Wix e-commerce store. I just realized that payments through the Wix store come into Square as non-taxable custom amounts. Is there any way currently to integrate Wix and Square so that the sales tax paid on orders through my Wix site come through on my Tax report on Square? Thanks for the help.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Alumni

Hi there @Ben5 - itemization is not available with the Wix extension at this time. With Wix, we're only able to capture the order number and the order total on transactions. This means that transactions will reflect in your Square Dashboard as an uncategorized Custom Amount rather than breaking down the sales tax and the item price.

We've heard requests for this feature from other sellers using 3rd-party eCommerce providers, and have passed that feedback on to our Partnerships team.

If this is necessary for you, you could look into setting up a Square online store. Alternatively, I know that the GoCentral online store integration with GoDaddy does offer itemized transactions! I hope this helps, but let us know if you have any other questions.

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 6

Any updates on this? It is a big need for monthly sales tax reports for me. Where are WIX sales categorized in my monthly sales report? 

Message 3 of 6
Super Seller

@KimmerP1974 ;

From Wix are you able to pull a Report that shows Taxable and Non Taxable sales there?

This is how I do my reports from my Online store that is not Integrated with Square.  

I know this does not get all the reporting in one location under Square but it may help you get the data you need for tax reporting.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 4 of 6

Keep working on this. Needed for monthly sales tax report. It's a must.

Message 5 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Welcome to the Community, @KimmerP1974

Thank you for checking in on the Feature Request for Itemization with the Wix integreation. As of now, this is still considered a Feature Request. Integrations with other platforms like Wix are complex and our Product Team will have to do an extensive review when considering adding this to the roadmap. 

I would recommend posting this on our Ideate Board, so our Product Team can see this is still highly popular with our sellers. Once more information becomes available, a Community Moderator will update the status to keep you in the loop. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 6