x

Schedule Shipping Orders

Hi,

Is there a way for customers to be able to select a delivery date they want the order through the shipping option? I want them to say they want to get the order on a specific day so we can prepare and ship it appropriately.

Message 1 of 14
Report Inappropriate Content
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

No updates yet @kaushmeister, I'm really sorry for the trouble this is causing. Have you seen the workaround shared here? I hope it helps in the meantime!

๏œ๏ธ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.

View Best Answer >

Message 8 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Admin

Hi @kaushmeister, thanks for sharing this! If the customer has selected shipping as the fulfilment method, they won't be able to schedule the order for a specific date. If they would like to receive the item on a particular date, you can let them know that they can add this as a Note to seller at checkout. You can enable this by going to Settings > Checkout > Advanced settings.

ink - 2021-01-21T154724.612.png

Alternatively, you can also create a textbox modifier and apply it to all items. Customers can then leave a note if they want to have the item ship to them on a specific date, and they'll be able to do this on the item page. 

Screenshot 2021-01-21 at 15.49.23.png

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 2 of 14

Yes I have done that. It's a feature I've seen on another website (www.clayskitchen.co.uk) and thought it would be useful for me too. Saves the customer having to do that extra step (especially when they don't know they can)

Message 3 of 14
Admin

Thanks for sharing that @kaushmeister! That's definitely a nifty feature to have. We don't have anything similar on the Square Online site right now but I will definitely surface this with our Product team for consideration. 

Tra
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 4 of 14

I hope so. Just gives food company's like mine that extra time they need to be able to get the order, then get the ingredients, cook the food, chill it, pack it then send it when required. Basically be in control of the whole process whilst making it simple for the customer.

I look forward to seeing it soon on a future release soon.

Message 5 of 14

I hope so. It's actually similar to the option to select a Later pick up date and time once a prep time is set.

Just gives food company's like mine that extra time they need to be able to get the order, then get the ingredients, cook the food, chill it, pack it then send it when required. Basically be in control of the whole process whilst making it simple for the customer.

I look forward to seeing it soon on a future release soon.

Message 6 of 14

Hi,

Is there any update on this feature as I'm getting a lot of people who don't add the modifier option to Select The Delivery date to their cart. I then have to contact them via email for when they would like the shipping for. Sometimes I get a reply 2 days later and that's not enough time. Having the feature to enable customers to choose their shipping date is a vital selling point for my business. This also ensures that my deliveries are sent fresh the day before. I also need to be able to select the days I deliver for in this feature as I only ship orders for delivery's on Wednesday, Thursday or Fridays

Message 7 of 14
Admin

Best Answer

No updates yet @kaushmeister, I'm really sorry for the trouble this is causing. Have you seen the workaround shared here? I hope it helps in the meantime!

๏œ๏ธ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 8 of 14

Thanks for this Helen. It is a good solution. From this however I managed to work out a solution that works for me and what Iโ€™m trying to do. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. 

Message 9 of 14
Admin

Great! Very glad to hear it helped get you in the right direction. 

๏œ๏ธ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 10 of 14

Hi,

Is there any update on this function yet? I want to have specific days that we only deliver on for our shipping orders. I want to pre select these then any days that have passed get greyed out so the customer can't select that day. It's a pain having to edit these dates every day on the modifier option. I see lots of websites now offer this option (please see screenshot below/attached for one example).

square.png

Message 11 of 14

square.png

Message 12 of 14
Square Community Moderator

Hi @kaushmeister, Unfortunately we have no update on this. If your customer don't choose the delivery date, I suggest to make the modifier mandatory. In the modifier settings, there is a tick option Make this a required field.

Emma
Message 13 of 14

No I don't want this on the website. Doesn't look professional at all doing this.

Message 14 of 14