x
Beta Member

Select order type appearing on homepage

We've had "Select Order Type" appear on our home page with no edits made to our delivery/ collection options for it to turn up. How can we remove this? 

Posted about this in an existing thread 2 weeks ago and received no response. 

Message 1 of 7
Report Inappropriate Content
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @foodomnibus, I'm not sure if you've seen this yet but the Square Online team has rolled out the ability to hide the Fulfilment and Scheduling tab on the Homepage banner. To hide this:

1. Navigate to Square Dashboard > Square Online > Website > Edit Site
  2. Select your homepage
  3. Click into Banner and toggle the blue button next to Fulfilment and Scheduling off. 

Screenshot 2022-06-23 at 14.15.22.png

4. Click Publish at the top-right hand corner to ensure that the change is reflected on the live site.

When you toggle this off, the order selection will only appear on the Order Online page and nowhere else.

I hope this helps!

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!

View Best Answer >

Message 7 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Admin

Hey @foodomnibus, sorry that you didn't get an answer on this yet! This is actually a new feature released by our Square Online team to help makes the ordering process more streamlined for customers, i.e. they can start their order from anywhere on the site.

I had a look on my end but I haven't find a way to turn this off from the header yet but I'll check in with our team to see if they can help point me to the right settings. 

Tra
Message 2 of 7
Super Seller

We could do with a way of turning it off - totally screws with the customer flow, especially on mobile. 

when a homepage loads it’s the main thing they see & click on it to order, but that just gives them locations. 

9ABE4E79-2D16-4B9E-B169-1E9BF90E6E6A.jpeg

Pizza Is Chill

Message 3 of 7

Hi!

Did you find a way to remove this? It's driving me mad

Message 4 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Hi @WonderfulCakeCo, Select Order Type bar is part of the Online order template. This will indicate how the order will be fulfilled (Pickup, Delivery or Shipping). We cannot remove this. If you don't want this section on your website, please try switching the template to Shop All

Emma
Message 5 of 7

Thanks @Emma_ that'll do nicely 🙂

Message 6 of 7
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @foodomnibus, I'm not sure if you've seen this yet but the Square Online team has rolled out the ability to hide the Fulfilment and Scheduling tab on the Homepage banner. To hide this:

1. Navigate to Square Dashboard > Square Online > Website > Edit Site
  2. Select your homepage
  3. Click into Banner and toggle the blue button next to Fulfilment and Scheduling off. 

Screenshot 2022-06-23 at 14.15.22.png

4. Click Publish at the top-right hand corner to ensure that the change is reflected on the live site.

When you toggle this off, the order selection will only appear on the Order Online page and nowhere else.

I hope this helps!

Tra
Message 7 of 7