x

Send receipt to “known customer”?

I need to send a cash transaction receipt to a customer, but I don’t have their email address or phone number. They are in my list of customers because they had previously paid with a credit card and received a receipt by text. Obviously, when I click on their customer info, the phone number is blanked out with “this is private info”, and it’s not visible to me. 

The customer paid with cash, but was in a hurry and I didn’t have my square app out and ready.  I told them I would enter it into the system shortly and send them a receipt.  When I go into the transaction, I only see “re-send receipt”, and can click email or text, but I would need to enter that information, which I do not have. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @BadBirchDesigns 👋

In this case you should be able to Add a Customer to a Sale via the Transactions page on your Square Dashboard. Once added the send receipt option should follow the information you already have from this customer in your directory. 

I hope this information is helpful! Please let us know if you have other questions. 

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 3

Thanks. Although I was able to add the customer to the transaction using the online dashboard (this was not an option in the app), I still cannot send a receipt.  After adding the customer, and clicking on “send receipt”, the only option is to free-hand type in a name or phone number. 

Message 3 of 3