x

Sending Receipt with Square App

I typically add all my customers info into Square, then do the work, then get paid (service contractor). When I record the payment, I'm taken to a screen on the app that shows an option to send email or text receipt to the customer. Is there an easy way to get their email address or phone number populated? Since it's attached to a customer, why isn't it pre-populated? Can this function be added?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Square

If your customer pays with a credit card that has been used at a Square Merchant before, their receipt delivery options will automatically fill in! They will not need to enter their contact information and will receive an automatic receipt

Message 2 of 7

What if they pay by check and they are a returning customer

is there a way to fill in email address with out copying and pasting from contacts 

bbeck

Message 3 of 7
Admin

Hey @Bbeck, yes — as long as you add the customer to the sale before completing the payment. 🙂

For example, if you're using an iPhone, enter in the amount to be charged:

1. Tap Current Sale at the top of the screen.
  2. Tap the dropdown menu in the upper right corner of the following screen.
  3. Add Customer > select customer > Add to Sale.
  4. Return to the sale screen by tapping on the "X" in the upper left corner of the screen.
  5. Tender payment as a check.
  6. You'll see that your customer's phone number and/or email address will be pre-populated on the "Thanks!" screen > tap Send.

Hope this helps! Let us know how it goes. 👍

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 4 of 7

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S7, and even if I start the transaction with the customer already added to the sale, all fields in the receipt are blank. I have to manually add emails or phone numbers every time.

Works fine on theiPad, but not my phone, where I do most of my business.

Help!

Message 5 of 7
Alumni

Hey @PianoMan80 - That's strange that it's not working for you on your phone. I recommend reaching out to our CS team directly to see if they can advise on any troubleshooting steps or flag with our engineers, if necessary.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 6 of 7

I use an S9 and the exact thing happens. Also, working from home I am sending an emailed invoice through Square. The client wants a receipt and, for several weeks, I've been asking for "how to do this?" Second, why won't their email automatically populate from manually sending a receipt if they are an on-going customer who has been entered as a customer?

Message 7 of 7