x
Beta Member

Service charges and Invoices

Hi everyone. I created a service charge and have it active for all locations. I need to know how to add it to a invoice. 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Super Seller

Hey @CCsChocolates 

It seems like the surcharge isn't showing up on the invoice when creating it, but it working fine and showing up on POS/Virtual Terminal. I could be missing where it is as well.

Maybe @isabelle  can share some light or pass this along when to the team when she has a moment.

Dan
Scorpion Coating Plus,LLC
Square Super Seller
Check out Square support center for additional help.
Message 2 of 8

I have found that Service Charges created in Square POS do not appear in invoices, even though there is the ability to add a service charge to an invoice, and the field is even labeled "New or existing." There's also a note at the bottom of the invoice "Add Service Charge" pop-up that says: "To create and manage service charges go to Settings > Business > Service charges."

Instead, you have to recreate the service charge from scratch within an invoice. After that, future invoices will be able to select the previous service charges created within the invoices. I don't believe there is any way to edit or delete these invoice service charges.

Clearly, this is a bug and this thread should be moved to the Feature Request board.

Message 3 of 8
Square Community Moderator

Interesting find @Michael80 Thank you for taking the time to share this here.  I recommend you reach out to our support team over the phone so you can flag this and get it escalated. They can be reached at 855-700-6000 between 6 am - 6 pm Pacific Time Monday-Friday. 

You can also get in touch with our Messaging and Email Support Teams here.

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 8

Hello JJ. Thanks for the support team contact info. But aren't you an employee of Square? If so, then why can't you send this bug report to your company's development team so it gets flagged and escalated? I've got my hands full trying to run my business.

Message 5 of 8

Yes, I am a Community Moderator here at Square, @Michael80. I value your precious time and would not want to pull you away from your business. However, for this particular example, the best person to complete this process more efficiently (as you experienced it yourself) would be you. 

I can gladly escalate this. I would appreciate it if you could share the details (walk me through) and screenshots of how the error occurred so I can pass your report over.

Looking forward to your response.

JJ
Message 6 of 8

I'm not sure what more you need to know as I already explained the problem and you should be able to duplicate it easily.

1. Go to Accounts & Settings > Business Information > Service Charges

2. Create a new service charge

3. Go to Invoices > Invoices

4. Create a new single invoice and click "Add service charge"

5. Is the new service charge you created in Step 2 listed? They are not listed for me.

Message 7 of 8

Thank you so much for sharing this @Michael80. This is exactly what I needed.  However, I just tested these steps on my account and was not able to duplicate the situation. I created the Service Charge and immediately went to Invoices, created a new invoice and was able to add the created Service Charge from the "new or existing" list  without any problem. If you continue to experience this then I 100% encourage you to reach out to our support team so they can take a closer look at your account and get your consent to create a test Service Charge on your account to duplicate it and escalate your account for correction. 

I thank you for your time and patience while I looked into this.

JJ
Message 8 of 8