x

Set 48 hour minimum notice for online orders

I'm trying to use square online store to manage our catering orders. We require 48 hours notice for all pre-orders- is it possible to have a date selector in the checkout that will prevent orders going in unless two days notice is given?

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

I can definitely understand your request. While there aren't many options for customizing shipping orders, there are for "Pick Up" orders. If you use the "Pick Up" fulfillment option, you can allow customers to "Schedule Pickup for Later." Once enabled, you could also mark the "Preparation Time" for 2 days. Here a screenshot of these settings in Square Dashboard.

PS) If my answer solved your problem, would you mind marking it as "Best Answer"? That'll help the rest of the community find what they're looking for. If not, just write back, and I'll continue to help. Thanks!

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square

Best Answer

I can definitely understand your request. While there aren't many options for customizing shipping orders, there are for "Pick Up" orders. If you use the "Pick Up" fulfillment option, you can allow customers to "Schedule Pickup for Later." Once enabled, you could also mark the "Preparation Time" for 2 days. Here a screenshot of these settings in Square Dashboard.

PS) If my answer solved your problem, would you mind marking it as "Best Answer"? That'll help the rest of the community find what they're looking for. If not, just write back, and I'll continue to help. Thanks!

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 2 of 4

Preparation time is NOT listed in the store settings anymore.  But customers are getting an error there is not enough time to prepare order before we close (which is 11:59pm and reopen 12:00am - 24hours)...

Message 3 of 4

Hello @AmyHeaton, that's really weird! 

The preparation time should definitely still be on the Store Settings page. I think you might be experiencing a glitch that's causing this setting not to show.  

I recommend reaching out to our Support Team as soon as you can. They will be able to take a closer look at it than we can here. 

Please let me know how it goes! 🙂

Message 4 of 4