x

Set up online payments for tickets to an event or festival?

Hello, 

As the thread is titled, can I 

Set up online payments for tickets to an event or festival? 

I'm an event planner, and need to sell tickets online, and link them to my Square account. 

Can this be done? 

Thanks! 

Message 1 of 27
2 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: Set up online payments for tickets to an event or festival?

Welcome to the Seller Community @ericajoy3

There isn't a barcode on electronic tickets — a unique order number* is displayed on your customer's order confirmation receipt.

You can download a CSV file of the orders for your event from your Orders Page. Using this list of orders, you can verify customers with their order number as they check in at your event.

I hope this is helpful but if you have any questions about this please let me know!  

* Heads up, the order number is actually a mix of letters and numbers! 

Verified Answer

Re: Set up online payments for tickets to an event or festival?

You can definitely sell tickets online, but I will note that we don't currently offer digital downloads. If you sell tickets, they would have to be delivered via one of three methods: 

• Electronic: After purchase, you can email your customers’ order confirmation which they can use as tickets
  • Shipping: Mail tickets using the delivery service of your choice
  • Pickup: Have customers pick up their tickets before or at an event

While we don't offer digital downloads, we do have partnerships with Weebly and Bigcommerce who offer great solutions for digital downloads. Hopefully that helps!

26 REPLIES 26
Square Community Moderator

Are you located anywhere other than the U.S. @tumbaolatino? This could be why you are incurring a separate fee than what I listed above. 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 22 of 27

Hi Joe,

Yes.  We are in Australia. Would that be why the fees are different? Also, is there a fee using Apple pay or PayPal? Thanks in advanced.

Kind Regards,

Tumbao Latino

Message 23 of 27

@tubaolatino - Ah, yes - that makes sense. That is why you are seeing a different fee breakdown. You can view our Australian fees here. We aren't aware of any fees regarding Apple Pay or PayPal, although we are not well versed in their products. 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 24 of 27

I have been able to set up events on my Square online store.  It seems there are ways to send emails and notices to customers and email notices to my boss for physical items, but I don't see a way to have email notices go to my boss for digital purchases such as event tickets.  Please help.  Nan

Message 25 of 27

Hey @bluem00n55,

Thanks for writing in to the Seller Community 👋

Are email notifications for your orders turned on in your Square Online Dashboard when you go to Settings > Notifications? If you're using Checkout Links, check that email notifications are turned on here

Please let us know how you go! 

Message 26 of 27

Hi Arie,

Thanks for the reply.  I have checked that email notifications are turned on.  My boss used to get the notifications she is looking for, but at some point they stopped.  I added my own email address to the recipient list, and I received the notices, but she did not.  I went back and turned the notifications off then back on.  I took out her email then put it back in.  Not sure why I would receive them and not she.  ?  It may take a day to see if she does start receiving them again.  And if not, do you have any other thoughts?  We may just have to look for a work around.  Hmmm.  bluem00n55 

Message 27 of 27