Setting free shipping on order over £25

Hi all,

I wonder if someone can help me with the following please:

I sell jewellery, and normally offer 4 shipping profiles at checkout:

Standard - Royal Mail Tracked 48 - No Gift Box

Standard - Royal Mail Tracked 48 - Gift Box

Express - Royal Mail Tracked 24 - No Gift Box

Express - Royal Mail Tracked 24 - Gift Box

I'd like to offer my customers free shipping on orders over £25, but still allow them to chose whether they want Standard or Express delivery, and a gift box or not, when they qualify for free shipping.

Is it possible to have these variations? I can't work out how to set these options in the shipping profiles.

Thanks in advance,

Suzi @ qlinq

Message 1 of 5
Report Inappropriate Content
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @qlinqjewellery, thanks for your post! 

We can definitely get this setup. First, have you thought about creating the Gift Box option as a modifier on all items? That can help make the shipping profiles slightly easier to navigate. You can set the modifier so customers are required to select an option (whether they want gift box or not) before adding item to cart.

Screenshot 2021-10-19 at 15.53.01.png

Once that's done, we can create the following shipping profiles:

• A flat rate that will applied to all order named Standard Royal Mail Tracked
  • A flat rate that will applied to all order named Express Royal Mailed Tracked
  • A free rate that applied to orders with a minimum of £25 total named Free Standard Royal Mail Tracked - For orders over £25
  • A free rate that applied to orders with a minimum of £25 total named Express Standard Royal Mail Tracked - For orders over £25

Screenshot 2021-10-19 at 15.55.54.png

When sellers add items to cart:

• If their order total is less than £25, they will only see the first two options.

Screenshot 2021-10-19 at 16.00.13.png

• If their order total is more than £25, they will see all four options and be able to select the free shipping.

Screenshot 2021-10-19 at 16.01.22.png

I hope this will help!

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @qlinqjewellery, thanks for your post! 

We can definitely get this setup. First, have you thought about creating the Gift Box option as a modifier on all items? That can help make the shipping profiles slightly easier to navigate. You can set the modifier so customers are required to select an option (whether they want gift box or not) before adding item to cart.

Screenshot 2021-10-19 at 15.53.01.png

Once that's done, we can create the following shipping profiles:

• A flat rate that will applied to all order named Standard Royal Mail Tracked
  • A flat rate that will applied to all order named Express Royal Mailed Tracked
  • A free rate that applied to orders with a minimum of £25 total named Free Standard Royal Mail Tracked - For orders over £25
  • A free rate that applied to orders with a minimum of £25 total named Express Standard Royal Mail Tracked - For orders over £25

Screenshot 2021-10-19 at 15.55.54.png

When sellers add items to cart:

• If their order total is less than £25, they will only see the first two options.

Screenshot 2021-10-19 at 16.00.13.png

• If their order total is more than £25, they will see all four options and be able to select the free shipping.

Screenshot 2021-10-19 at 16.01.22.png

I hope this will help!

Tra
Message 2 of 5

That's fantastic, thank you very much for such detailed help. I have made changes to my shipping profiles and now it all works as it should. Thanks again.

I have another questions if I may, different topic, regarding image quality of gallery on the product pages. Can I ask you here or should I start a new topic thread?

Cheers,

Suzi @ qlinq

qlinq.co.uk

Message 3 of 5
Admin

Glad I could help @qlinqjewellery!

It's definitely best to start a new thread about the image quality as that way, other sellers will also be able to contribute and it'll be easier for people with the same question to find the answers as well. 

Tra
Message 4 of 5

Of course, agreed!

Thanks 😊 

Message 5 of 5