x
Beta Member

Shared Cash Drawers

In our business we have a number of Square POS devices all connected to the same printers and all using one physical cash drawer. At the moment on all of these devices we must start drawers individually, and each device has its own ‘virtual’ drawer, each tracked separately. 

This presents quite a problem at the end of the night, since a member of staff needs to log onto each device and end each ‘virtual’ drawer separately, but none of these drawers expected totals match what is actually in the physical drawer. 

Is there a way for multiple devices to share the same drawer, and for Square to track the amount of cash deposited into this drawer across those devices, so that the figures actually match up at the end of the day?

Message 1 of 3
Report Inappropriate Content
2 REPLIES 2
Admin

Hi @JamesJockey, thank you for sharing this!

Cash drawers and cash drawers reporting are device-specific so unfortunately, there isn't a way to set it up so multiple devices will share the same drawer. Each device will have its own cash drawer/cash drawer reports. 

Rather than closing a cash drawer from the Square app individually, you can close any open cash drawers from your Dashboard as well. You can read more about Cash Drawer Management in our Support Centre

I can definitely see how this would be a useful feature to have so I'll be sure to surface it with the appropriate team as well. 

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 2 of 3

I'd second this as a feature. We've multiple devices - iPads, Terminals & Registers, but usually only one cash drawer per site. Really want to use the Cash Drawer feature, but to do so would seem to restrict all but one device to card only 😞

Message 3 of 3