x

Shelf Edge Label Printing

Hello, I am reaching out to see if anyone has found a way to print self edge labels from Square POS. We have just launched the system in our volunteer run village shop, but presently have a volunteer using some high spec Indesign software to make our lables, any cheaper, easier way to do this would be most welcome.  

Regards

David

Message 1 of 8
Report Inappropriate Content
7 REPLIES 7
Super Seller

@BriantspuddleSh I've not looked into it, but the Square Retail has just launched here & has a free tier that allows barcode printing. 

Would be worth testing that out as the app might work better for you anyway but then there is also the extra retails (like ticket printing) features. 

Pizza Is Chill

Message 2 of 8

Thanks for that info, is here in the UK? I will look for Square Retail. Regards David

Message 3 of 8
Admin

Hi @BriantspuddleSh, Square for Retail is available in the UK! You can find an overview of what features are included here. There is also a 30-free trial for the Plus version so you an definitely test and see if it would fit with your business. 

If you have any question, let me know and I'll be happy to help!

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 4 of 8

Hello Thank you for this info, I have setup the 30 day trail and will see how we get on. It seems there are only three types of label available so am I right this will determine which printer we buy?

Regards

David

Message 5 of 8
Admin

@BriantspuddleSh the printer will determined the size and template of the label but not so much the type of labels, since it'll still be the same one generated from the Dashboard. You can find more information about each printer on our Support Centre. 

Tra
Message 6 of 8

Hello, Thank you again for all this useful info. Is the label printing available in the free version of Square for Retail or only by subscription? At £49 a month we would soon recover the cost of a dedicated label printer and software. As a community not for profit we operate on really tight margins and need to drive down every possible cost. Regards  David 

Message 7 of 8
Admin

Hi Brian, I've double-checked and it looks like the ability to generate and print item labels are only available with the Square for Retail plus subscription. 

However, I know that the free Square Point of Sale support printing sticky food labels, which might be a good workaround to help drive-down cost. 

Tra
Message 8 of 8