x

Shipping Price at check out

I have to charge shipping at the time of sale on my iphone. However, I can't figure out how to enter the price since it depends on the location being shipped to...

If I add an item as Shipping, I am unable to change the price at check out, and it always defaults to what I've entered which is $0.00

Is there no way to alter a price at check out other than a discount?

Thanks as always in advance

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square Community Moderator

Hi @janjwoodables - Thanks for posing your question in The Seller Community 😊

Awesome question, actually.

I can totally see the need for a feature like this and how beneficial it could be for sellers who alter shipping prices. Although there isn't a function that will allow you to alter the price of an item at checkout there is a work around.

What you may need to do is have variables on the shipping price so that you're not limited to one specific shipping price at checkout, you'd rather be able to choose a price that better fits the arrival location.

This can be done on your Square Dashboard under Item Library.

I hope this helps.

As always, feel free to stop by The Community with question, concerns and even feature requests. We are more than happy to assist.

Ria
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 5

Thanks for the response @Ria 

However, that doesn't really work for shipping since the amounts can be so varied. I would have to set up hundreds if not thousands of variables!

I think a better work around would be to manually enter an amount, then add a note.

Is there anyway to get this in front of devs to put on a schedule for development?

I can't be the only vendor who ships and charges on the fly.

Thanks

Message 3 of 5
Square Community Moderator

I recommend you submit a Feature Request here @janjwoodables. This will help our product team get visibility and track other Sellers with similar interest in your request. 

Important: When submitting a request, make sure to include the desired feature, and provide the details of how this feature will help your business succeed (how would you use it and what you expect from it).

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 5

Thanks @JJ_  - for the link and the tips...

Done!

Message 5 of 5