x

Shirt Inventory Question

I am trying to add items to my website. The problem I am having is with my tshirts using screenprint transfers. 

I have my shirt size as a drop down menu, color is text box, other styles is a check box. 

The problem I'm having is that I have 8 of one design(transfer) in stock. This design can go on any size/style/color option. How do I add into my stock that I only have 8 of the one design? 

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Square Champion

Best Answer

The item level would need to be the design.  So it would look something like

Item: Sunset Design

Modifier 1 shirt size pick 1

Modifier 2 style (1)

Modifier 3 Color

I think this is the only way to really protect when you are sold out of this design you are sold out.  If you link the design with options you will have a variation for each design shirt combination and inventory would be a nightmare.  Modifiers don't affect inventory so you would have to manually zero out large red shirts as a modifier option.  It gets tricky with multiple inventories interacting.  You have inventory 1 design..inventory 2 XL shirt, and so on and so forth.

Hopefully this helps.

Donnie-M

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Champion

Best Answer

The item level would need to be the design.  So it would look something like

Item: Sunset Design

Modifier 1 shirt size pick 1

Modifier 2 style (1)

Modifier 3 Color

I think this is the only way to really protect when you are sold out of this design you are sold out.  If you link the design with options you will have a variation for each design shirt combination and inventory would be a nightmare.  Modifiers don't affect inventory so you would have to manually zero out large red shirts as a modifier option.  It gets tricky with multiple inventories interacting.  You have inventory 1 design..inventory 2 XL shirt, and so on and so forth.

Hopefully this helps.

Donnie-M

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 2 of 4

Would this still be my best option if I don't have shirt inventory in stock? I usually order 1-2 times a week as I get customer's orders. So I would only need to keep track of the design inventory per listing. 

Message 3 of 4
Square Champion

@laurak84 I'll have to dig a little more as I am not the "retail" guy, but I am pretty sure there is an answer that makes it tolerable.  Its the interaction of a dynamic product.  Options work great with a bunch of different items.  You may want to set it up as you buy your design and then you pick your shirt (different item) and set up an automatic discount to make the shirt free, or a coupon code where the shirt is free when you buy this design for online sales.  That way you can track each inventory of items.

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

MustHaveMenus
Message 4 of 4