x
Square Community Moderator

Small Business Saturday 2018 - #ShopSmall

Hi Sellers!

Small Business Saturday is fast approaching (November 24th!), so just like last year we’ve decided to cover some common questions Sellers usually have about participating in Small Business Saturday and the American Express Shop Small movement.

What is Small Business Saturday and the #ShopSmall campaign?

Small Business Saturday is a holiday created by American Express to help local businesses attract more customers to supporting small businesses. The #ShopSmall campaign is a nationwide movement also created by American Express to celebrate small businesses every day and to help communities thrive.

How can I participate?

Use the #ShopSmall or order free marketing materials for your business from the Shop Small® Studio. 

I received an email to participate, when will I be listed on the Shop Small map?

If you received an email about getting on the Shop Small map and signed up to participate, your business will automatically be added to the Shop Small Map by November 5th.

Can Square provide me with a Merchant ID?

While we don’t assign specific Merchant ID numbers, your business is still designated as a merchant with Square, and your Square merchant account is associated with your email address. You’re able to create a Merchant Account with American Express by giving them a call directly: 1-800-235-8916. From there, the Amex Representative will walk you through what is needed to receive marketing material and inclusion on their #ShopSmall map.

I have questions that aren’t answered here!

Feel free to check out the American Express FAQ page. You can also call the Shop Small servicing center at 1-800-235-8916 or email them directly at ShopSmallHelp@aexp.com.

We’re proud to partner with American Express to make sure local businesses across the country make the most out of #ShopSmall. Let’s celebrate and support Local Business!

Message 1 of 1
0 REPLIES 0