x

How do I create a booking button for my Appointments Booking Site?

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Need help creating a booked button

How do you create a booking button? I'm having some trouble it is so confusing do I need to have a website to create the button

Message 1 of 17
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

You don't need to have a website to create a booking button, @Littlemama1809 - you can add this button in to your email signature, if you prefer! You will want to make sure that your Booking Site is set up, as that is where your booking button will take clients when they click it.

1. You'll start by heading over to the Appointments section of your Square Dashboard.
  2. Click Online Booking on the left-hand side to open up your sidebar menu, then select Booking Site from the options.
  3. You should now be looking at this page, and if you scroll down here you'll see the Create a booking button section at the bottom. Click Create a button to get started!
  4. Clicking that button will bring you to your button editor, where you can make edits and will be able to access the HTML code associated with the button.
Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Can i customize button colors or anything else on the appointment booking page? Thanks!

Message 2 of 17
Alumni

Best Answer

You don't need to have a website to create a booking button, @Littlemama1809 - you can add this button in to your email signature, if you prefer! You will want to make sure that your Booking Site is set up, as that is where your booking button will take clients when they click it.

1. You'll start by heading over to the Appointments section of your Square Dashboard.
  2. Click Online Booking on the left-hand side to open up your sidebar menu, then select Booking Site from the options.
  3. You should now be looking at this page, and if you scroll down here you'll see the Create a booking button section at the bottom. Click Create a button to get started!
  4. Clicking that button will bring you to your button editor, where you can make edits and will be able to access the HTML code associated with the button.
Valentina
Message 3 of 17

Thank you!!!😊

Message 4 of 17
Alumni

Happy to be able to help, @Littlemama1809 😊 - and congratulations on your first post in the Seller Community! 🎉

Valentina
Message 5 of 17

The title of this post has been edited from the original: How to customize "book now" "Book An Appointment" button?

Is there a way to change the wording of the buttons such as "Book Now," "Book An Appointment"? I want to change "Book" to "Schedule" as "Book" suggests prepayment online. 

Message 6 of 17
Alumni

I moved your post over to this thread so you can follow the steps here to get to the area of your Square Dashboard where you'll be able to customize your booking button, @RSH.

Once you're here, you can type anything you'd like to in the CUSTOMIZE BUTTON TEXT space over the greyed out What do you want your button to say? text. You can also change the color of your booking button here. I'll include a screenshot so you can see what this will look like:

Valentina
Message 7 of 17

Do you know if there is  a way to edit the URL so that I can get it printed on a business card?  I need to shorten it.

Message 8 of 17
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @Cskinner! We recommend using a free online URL shortener. You should be able to find many through a quick internet search. I personally am found of Bitly

Joe
Message 9 of 17

Thank you!!!😊

Message 10 of 17

No problem! 📈😎

Joe
Message 11 of 17
Beta Member

I want to change the text in the "book appointment" button. If I click on the button editor above I get to the page to change the button text. But it does not change the text on the live page? How do I find the button editor on my square appointments site? That page seems to be blank. Or where do I change the HTML for the button?

Message 12 of 17

Hi @Suttle,

When you create a booking button here, you'd have to embed the code into an external website - these edits aren't going to reflect on your Square Appointments booking site. The button you create could be inserted into an external website, or your email signature, for example. 

At this time, there isn't a button editor for your appointments site, or an option to edit the HTML for Square Appointments. I'd be happy to pass this feedback on to our team for consideration, as I can see how useful it would be to have more room for customisation here 👍

Message 13 of 17

I am trying to customize my booking button. I do see the option to customize the text and change the background color.

The code editor is listed below as well. Are you not allowed to change the code in the editor? I want to change the background color to a specific color.

Thank you,

BoujeeBabeSATX

Message 14 of 17
Admin

Hey @BoujeeBabeSATX🌠

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community. This Support Center article goes over the options we have for customizing your booking button. Apologies if it seems limited, we're still working on revamping the customization options for our Square booking site in general. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 15 of 17

Am I able to customize the button wording on the Facebook button?

Message 16 of 17
Admin

On Square's end, sellers do have the ability to customize the wording for their booking button:

Should you choose not to customize, the default will be Book an Appointment text. I would suggest taking a look here for more info @clubhouseps.

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 17 of 17