x

Square Appointments: Checkout links for services? Automatic discounts for services ?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Services versus Items? Direct Links?]

When it first came available, I started using Appointments and set up services for that purpose. Now I am running into some glitches. 

1. When I login and go to my services, it tells me they moved to items. Under items it asks if I want to convert existing items to services. (I do have some physical items listed, but they don't appear here. I have to go to a different place to see those.) I'm confused if I am to convert or not convert. I want only these services (and not my physical items) to show up under Appointments. 

2. I want to create direct links on my website to particular services. That option does not appear under the Appointments menu. 

3. If I try to create a discount for a service item, the category appears, but not each item. 

4. Lastly, what work around do any of you use if you don't want people to call you, you want them to connect with you via video (such as Zoom)?

Message 1 of 11
2 Best Answers
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @Swangem-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community. 

1. You can have both items and services. You do not need to convert your items to services, as it is optional. Only convert if you want the items to be bookable by your customers using Square Appointments. If you don't want to convert any more of your existing items to services, you can click the 'x' in the upper right corner of the Service Library:

2. As of right now, we only have checkout links for items, not services. That's a great suggestion though, and one I'll definitely pass along to the appropriate team. 

3. Automatic discounts for services is a feature request at this point. It's something we're hoping to provide to our sellers in the future. In the meantime, you can still create a discount, and apply the discount to the sale later on manually. It just won't be automatic.

4. That's totally up to you. I have heard of some sellers using Zoom, while others have been using Google Voice

Let me know if you have any questions about this information! Thanks again 🌟

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 11
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hey @mindfulliving24,

Thanks for writing in and highlighting this feature request. As a workaround, you can create a custom widget to embed on your website. Widgets allow you to only link specific services, or a single service - check out this thread to get started! 

View Best Answer >

Message 11 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @Swangem-

1. You can have both items and services. You do not need to convert your items to services, as it is optional. Only convert if you want the items to be bookable by your customers using Square Appointments. If you don't want to convert any more of your existing items to services, you can click the 'x' in the upper right corner of the Service Library:

2. As of right now, we only have checkout links for items, not services. That's a great suggestion though, and one I'll definitely pass along to the appropriate team. 

3. Automatic discounts for services is a feature request at this point. It's something we're hoping to provide to our sellers in the future. In the meantime, you can still create a discount, and apply the discount to the sale later on manually. It just won't be automatic.

4. That's totally up to you. I have heard of some sellers using Zoom, while others have been using Google Voice

Let me know if you have any questions about this information! Thanks again 🌟

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 2 of 11

Thanks for the reply. At least I know to stop looking for what doesn't yet exist and you clarified the services/items question.

Message 3 of 11

I want to be able to send an online checkout link for a subscription, but is there a way to add the Terms of Service and a checkbox for the customer to agree before purchasing? I see when you create an invoice for an item you can attach a Square contract for attach a PDF, but for subscriptions and online checkout links it doesn't seem to be possible to add. 

Message 4 of 11

@daydray thanks for asking and welcome to the seller community! I've merged your post with another thread that helps answer your question. Currently this is a feature request. 

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 11
Admin

Hey @adriennel-

When you create a Service within the Online Dashboard, there should be an opportunity to add a description when you create the service:

However, we do not have a way of using checkout links for service quite yet. It's a feature request we're working on making available in the future.

Right now, the work around would be to either just send the customer your booking site from Square Appointments (and set it up so they pay for the service in advance), or create the service as an item and create the checkout link that way. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 6 of 11

How do I add a button to my Square/Weebly website that links to a specific service for booking?  It's not an item, it's a service. I would do it with an embed code if I could find the code for each service to embed.

Message 7 of 11

Hi there, @styliststef - thanks for reaching out and bringing your question here! 

Have you taken a look into Square Checkout Links? You can send your customers a checkout link through an email or Square Marketing campaign, or let your customers purchase at their convenience by posting the link on social media or your blog - including services.

Take a look at this helpful thread from Isabelle in which she outlines how to make service based checkout links. Let us know if you have any questions! 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 8 of 11

I am a hairstylist and I would like a button on my website to allow a client to book a particular service. I have a button that brings them to my entire menu but I want one to connect to a specific service. So a checkout link isn't what I'm looking for.

Message 9 of 11

I also would like to create a link directly to a single service.  Its been over a year and a half since this was logged as a "feature request".  This seems like lip service at this point.  Will the feature ever become reality?

Message 10 of 11

Best Answer

Hey @mindfulliving24,

Thanks for writing in and highlighting this feature request. As a workaround, you can create a custom widget to embed on your website. Widgets allow you to only link specific services, or a single service - check out this thread to get started! 

Message 11 of 11