x

Square Appointments - How do I remove or disable the online booking site?

I want to REMOVE the feature that allows online booking....I DO NOT want my clients to be able to book online so how do I get this done?

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 18
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Update: A quick update to let you know that you can now disable your Appointments online booking site from your Appointments Dashboard or from the Appointments app (currently only available on iOS devices)! 🙌 

To disable your booking site your online Appointments Dashboard:

1. Click Online Booking and then click Visibility & Display.
  2. Click the red Disable Online Booking Site button and then click Disable to confirm this action.

To disable your booking side from the Appointments app:

1. Naviate to the Settings section of the app.
  2. Tap Online Booking > toggle the switch 'Enable Booking Site' off. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Admin

Hey @Salonlaborde, thanks for bringing this up. The ability to remove or set your online booking site to private isn't available at this time. I will take a closer look into this and circle back with any other details as soon as I have more information. Thanks for your patience!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 18
Admin

Appreciate your patience while I checked into this further. The option to disable the online booking site for Appointments is a feature that our Product Liaison team is tracking, but we do not have a specific timeline available for when it may be available.

For now, you are able to remove services from being booked online. To do so:

1. Log into your Appointments dashboardServices.
  2. Select a service > disable Online Booking Visibility.
  3. Save your changes.

Hope this helps! Please keep in touch for updates as we'll certainly announce any developments.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 3 of 18
Admin

Best Answer

Update: A quick update to let you know that you can now disable your Appointments online booking site from your Appointments Dashboard or from the Appointments app (currently only available on iOS devices)! 🙌 

To disable your booking site your online Appointments Dashboard:

1. Click Online Booking and then click Visibility & Display.
  2. Click the red Disable Online Booking Site button and then click Disable to confirm this action.

To disable your booking side from the Appointments app:

1. Naviate to the Settings section of the app.
  2. Tap Online Booking > toggle the switch 'Enable Booking Site' off. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 4 of 18

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: can I set up appointments so clients can't book their own

Is there a way on Appointments to make it so the clients cannot schedule or edit an appointment? Essentially, I would be doing all the actually scheduling into the app.

Message 5 of 18
Admin

Hello @lany! Yes you can disable your Appointments online booking site and then schedule appointments from the app or from your Dashboard. I've included the steps to disable your booking site in this thread!

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 6 of 18

I’m having the same problem. Guests are rescheduling their appoints through the text though I have online booking disabled. I’ve had two in the same day. 

Message 7 of 18

I would like to disable to ability for my clients to book their own appointments but cannot seem to figure out how. 

Message 8 of 18
Admin

Hello @Signatureblonde! I've moved your post here so you can read Tom's Best Answer about disabling online booking for certain services. 

I'll also share your request for the ability to disable the entire online booking site with our Appointments team. We'll update this thread if this feature becomes available! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 9 of 18

Im in the same boat and was wondering if there has been an update on this.  I disabled the visability of the products, but Id love to not have the link to that site in any reminder emails about appointments.  Seems like I cant use the reminder email function if its going to mislead people.  Thanks for your help.

Message 10 of 18
Alumni

Hi @BryanKachel - no update to offer yet, but we'll keep you in the loop should this change. Thanks for your patience!

Message 11 of 18

Hey guys I have disabled all “visible for online booking” but that still does not prevent my client from rescheduling their appointment. Please post an update on where you are with this fix?  It’s unacceptable that it’s taking this long.  Otherwise love your product! Thank you!

Message 12 of 18
Alumni

Hi @Kmlamb1616 - Are these for appointments that already exist or new ones? That will help us find an answer for you on why this is happening!

Message 13 of 18

This reply created from merging an existing thread: "Scheduling on Square" The author has been notified via email.

Is there a way for me to schedule clients but the client not be able to go to the schedule and schedule or reschdule

Message 14 of 18

Has the team been able to work on a setting that will only let current clients to reschedule (via groups). I find it helpful but unfortunately I get new clients that I don't have room (closed my book to new clients)  so I would like to be able to add all my clients to a list/GROUP that makes them able to book online. 

Message 15 of 18
Square Community Moderator

This would be considered a feature request at the moment, @MBALLRENONV, which you can submit to our Appointments teams here. Please be sure to include some details about how you'd use this in your business day-to-day - it really helps highlight why a given feature request should be prioritised. 

Ps. I noticed it's your first post, welcome to our community 👋  

Message 16 of 18

I DESPERATELY NEED a setting to NOT ALLOW NEW CLIENTS to book online! 

can I deactivate or change my existing booking link so i can give it to my regular/existing clients?

Like @MBALLRENONV I CANNOT take new clients. They are booking and taking appointments that my existing clients depend on being available. 

Ive increased the allowed booking days to 60 days out. No one knows what their schedule will be 2 months from now. So, I’m losing existing clients that have proven their loyalty with me the last 3 years. I do not want that to happen! 

Please respond ASAP 

Message 17 of 18
Square Community Moderator

I hear your frustration, @BarbersDen, and can see how important this feature is to your business. I know that this isn't the news you're after, but we're continuing to highlight how in demand this is. You can deactivate your booking site here and ask that customers contact you directly so you can book them in from your end as a workaround. 

Message 18 of 18