x
Alumni

Square Beta: Get early access to Square's new Risk Manager tool

We are excited to invite you to try our new Risk Manager tool in Square Dashboard!

This tool is designed to help businesses that sell online to spot fraudulent orders before they’re fulfilled or shipped. When a purchase is made from your online store, we’ll use our machine learning models to highlight transactions that have a moderate or high risk of being fraudulent and resulting in a dispute. By exposing these risk levels in your Dashboard, our goal is to empower you to take action and prevent chargeback losses down the line. You can also set custom rules to flag or block payments that present a risk to your business, and add payment cards to a blocklist to prevent further use on your account.

As an early-access beta user, you’ll have access to this tool for free during the testing period. 

Let me know if you would like to take part by leaving a reply! 

Important note: Although this tool is designed to help you prevent payment disputes, the risk of a payment dispute is present with all card payments. You will continue to be liable for all payments you accept and disputes you receive. Square is not assuming liability for payments, regardless of the risk evaluation delivered.

Jess
Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 1 of 11
Report Inappropriate Content
10 REPLIES 10
Super Seller

As we hit peak season and £££ rose dozens at £140 this would be a great feature to have - especially as sometimes no message no recipient and sent to a different card holder.  There are flower farms who pretend to be an online store and factor out their orders less £30 or £40 to bricks and mortar florists like ourselves,  we currently have all their phone numbers blocked but can’t control their online purchases. Blocking out a postcode registered card would be amazing. 

Message 2 of 11
Alumni

Hi @Twiggy  - Sounds like it will definitely be useful for your business. I have just gone ahead and enabled your account, You can find more information on this support article. 

Let me know if you have any questions or feedback! We'll be sending out a survey soon - so keep any eye out for that!

Jess
Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Message 3 of 11
Super Seller

Hi Jess,

We can't enter postcodes as a risk - would this be possible ?

Message 4 of 11
Alumni

Hi @Twiggy. You should be able to set up a risk rule based on post code mismatches on risk manager. Is this what you mean?

Jess
Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Message 5 of 11

I gather that this Risk Manager feature is now live for U.S users. As I see no visible option on my dashboard does this mean it is not available in the UK?

Message 6 of 11
Beta Member

Hi @kerry_1066

Risk Manager Tool is available in the UK for an early access! 🙂 I have just enabled this feature on your account and sent email with setup instructions. Please let me know if you have any questions or feedback! 

TatyanaT
Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Message 7 of 11

Many thanks @TatyanaT 

Message 8 of 11

Hi,

I am new to Square and had lots of risk manager setting on my previous processor. I would love to have these options on my account if possible as some of my wholesale orders can be quite high so I would love to be able to up the risk settings.

Kind Regards

Steve

Message 9 of 11
Admin

Hey @DW786, welcome to the Seller Community! I'm going to tag my colleague @TatyanaT who can help you get setup on the Risk Manager tool. 

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 10 of 11
Beta Member

Hi @DW786

Welcome to Square! I've just enable Risk Manager features on your account and sent you an email with setup instructions - let me know if you have any questions or feedback! 

TatyanaT
Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Message 11 of 11