x
Beta Member

Square Card

I’ve had to cancel and request a Square Card 2x because the number on the physical card doesn’t match the number assigned under Balance. Anyone else?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Square Community Moderator

Hi @sweetgypsy - Thank you for stopping by The Seller Community.

We do understand how frustrating this can be. Those numbers differing is an added layer of protection.

At this time, there is no way for us to make these numbers match. 

We appreciate your feedback and will make sure to make this visible to our product team.

As always, feel free to stop by The Community with question, concerns and even feature requests. We are more than happy to assist.

Ria
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 8
Beta Member

So if the numbers don’t need to match, I don’t understand what I’m missing that I can’t activate the card.  I ask for a verification code and copy paste from the email. I keep trying and it never works? 

Message 3 of 8

Hey @sweetgypsy 👋

I am sorry for this experience I would suggest getting this escalated with our Support team. When you have a moment, please reach out directly by logging into your Square account and heading here.

JJ
Message 4 of 8

How do you get money to your card? Is it your balance that is supposed to be on the card? Thank you

Message 5 of 8

Hey there @ClassicStrains

When you activate your Square Banking account your Square Balance will become your Square Checking Balance and your sales will be available to you on your Square Debit card once processed.

I hope this information is helpful!

JJ
Message 6 of 8

I would like to cancel a square card that was ordered yesterday. Will not be needing it after all.

How and where do I cancel that card?

Best regards,

Cathrine

Message 7 of 8

You can cancel your card by visiting your Square Card Settings in your Dashboard. 

Once there you can select the option that reads "Problem with Card" and select that you wish to cancel your card. 

When deactivating your card you will be asked if you which to keep your Square Checking account activated and you can make the decision then and there. 

I hope this information is helpful @cath999!

P.S. Before I forget I would like to congratulate you on your first post here in the Seller Community! 

JJ
Message 8 of 8