x

Square Marketing: Applying rewards to customer's card

So when Square sends out an email letting a customer know they have earned a reward, it tells them that it has been saved to their card. But we ALWAYS have to manually enter it, I have never had it automatically apply their reward to their purchase when they insert their card. Which creates a lot of confusion with our customers, who think the rewards is being applied automatically.

Now, again I'm about to send out a coupon and it states right on the coupon it says "with 1 click, activate and link this reward with your card." Again, this leads people to think that when they insert their card that Square will automatically apply the coupon.

Is there something I'm missing somewhere, or is the wording just very misleading? It would be VERY cool and helpful if it did automatically let a customer know they had a reward earned, would they like to use it? When they insert their card? My customers and I would LOVE that!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hi again @LSGHFBKS! I'm sorry again for the confusion. After checking with the Marketing team I've updated this thread with more information. Hope this helps! 

The message you're referring to, "with 1 click, activate and link this reward with your card", is always visible to you in the design preview section of a marketing campaign. 

But this message is only visible to customers if you're *not* using Location Management with Square *and* your customers have already linked their card information to Square (e.g. to receive automatic receipts, or who have card information saved on file).* 

If you are using Location Management with Square your customers will receive the coupon code, and they will not see the "click to activate" message.

I agree the preview is confusing because it shows both options. I've shared your post with the team so we can make that clearer! Thanks again for posting this question. 

*For customers who do receive the click-to-activate message, we actually always include a coupon code in the same message as a back up!

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Button for coupon

I am setting up a discount that clients can use when scheduling appointment. In the designing phase of the campaign there is a button that says click to activate. When I send myself a sample of the campaign, the button is no longer there, it is just a code? How can I use the button rather than the code?

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Hi @bethmassage78! Take a look at the reply I provided to another seller who had a similar question! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 4 of 4