x

Square Marketing Emails and Bounce Removal

We have begun using Square Marketing Emails more and more and would like to know if there is a way to know if emails are not reaching clients. For example if the email was entered wrong.

We also have tons of duplicate emails from incorrrect Mailchimp import that we are manually having to update. Is there a quick fix for this?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Admin

Hello @1Moment1Shot! At this time you're not able to see the number of marketing emails that bounced/were not delivered. You can see the number of emails that were opened, and how many customers unsubscribe. If we can share the bounce rate in future we'll updates this thread to let you know.

The steps to fix duplicates from your online Square Dashboard are in this Support Center article. You do have to review duplicates but I hope this helps speed up the process for you.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 6

Has there been an update on removing bounced emails? 

I'd like to remove the bounce emails to lower our subscription costs...for example we need to remove 128  emails 

Screen Shot 2020-07-15 at 2.48.22 PM.png

Message 3 of 6
Beta Member

Would like to know this as well. Not really a fan of sending out emails that are just going to bounce, especially if I'm paying for it. Thanks!

Heather (she/her)
Message 4 of 6

We also want to know how to avoid sending emails that will just bounce. Is Square doing anything to solve this? Also, why are they bouncing? Some email addresses are "square network email," some we know are correct because we use them in other forums.  

Message 5 of 6
Super Seller

Any updates to this bouncing issue? I just started using Square Marketing and have sent a bunch of marketing emails out and I've been surprised with the high number of bounces. The past one shows mostly email address that start with "info@_____.com", and I wonder if there is a communication issue? I had 34% bounce...

Message 6 of 6