x

Square Marketing: How do I edit an active marketing campaign?

I recently created a new ongoing campaign to welcome new customers after they've visited.  I'd like to go in and customize the email more.... it doesn't even have recipeints yet!  HOW do I do this?  Seems like a pretty simple thing to do yet I see no "edit" button or way to access the editing screen.  Please tell me I don't have to delete this campaign and start over with a new one.  That seems counter-productive!

Message 1 of 62
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: How do I edit an active marketing campaign?

Hello @fsbodyworks, that's a great question.

Currently we don't have the ability to edit marketing campaigns once they're active. I can see how being able to edit automated campaigns like welcoming new customers would be a smoother process. I'll make sure to pass that feedback along to the Marketing Team.

I don't have a timeline for when this might be avalible. but if I hear anything I will make sure to let you know.  

I've also gone ahead and moved your post to the features section of the community so our product managers can view this thread. 

If you still have questions please let me know! 

1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @smooteacafe,

Thanks for reaching out and sorry to hear about the confusion with this campaign. At this time, there isn’t a way to edit an active campaign once it has been sent. 

If this was an automated campaign or a blast campaign with a coupon, you can cancel it and then resend it. 

To do so, follow these steps:

1. Visit Marketing in your online Square Dashboard
  2. Select the Active campaign you’d like to cancel > click View > Cancel.
  3. Select whether you’d like to still honor unredeemed coupons or cancel and invalidate them.
  4. Click Cancel Campaign.

Hopefully everything got sorted out, but if you have any questions—please get in touch with our Customer Success team. They'll be able to take a deeper dive into your settings.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center

View Best Answer >

Message 27 of 62
61 REPLIES 61

Hello @fsbodyworks, that's a great question.

Currently we don't have the ability to edit marketing campaigns once they're active. I can see how being able to edit automated campaigns like welcoming new customers would be a smoother process. I'll make sure to pass that feedback along to the Marketing Team.

I don't have a timeline for when this might be avalible. but if I hear anything I will make sure to let you know.  

I've also gone ahead and moved your post to the features section of the community so our product managers can view this thread. 

If you still have questions please let me know! 

Message 2 of 62

Thanks Chad,

that would definitely make things easier! I realized after I activated the campaign that I wanted to add some other information and now I guess I have to delete that one and recreate it? Please confirm.

And yes please pass this information along so that it can be a useful update in hopfully the near future!

Message 3 of 62

@fsbodyorks, you're correct. You'll have to delete the campaign and create a new one. 

Please let me know if your have any other questions. 😀

Message 4 of 62

Is this available?  I really need to update a value on the active birthday coupon.  If i start a new one then none of the statistics are there but the coupon now doesn't cover what it says it gets free!

Message 5 of 62

Hello @KevaJuice, currently this is still a feature request we're collecting feedback for.

Although I'm not sure what you mean by your last sentence. Did you start a new marketing campaign and now the coupon discounts a free item? 

I'll keep an eye out for your reply!

Message 6 of 62

We have the exact same issue.  Our coupon language says "pour a free candle on your birthday!", but the dollar value that we originally assigned to it when we created the campaign no longer covers a free candle.  So we need to update that value.  How do I do this?? 

Message 7 of 62

Have you tried editing the existing campaign you are offering? When I encountered issues with ours, I canceled the campaign and created a new one. Here, we only offer the promotions for limited times so as soon as a campaign ends, we remove discount option and simply create a new one when we push another campaign out to our audience.

Message 8 of 62

I would LOVE to be able to edit it, but I don't see a way to?  It doesn't have an expiration date....it's the general birthday coupon that Square sends 

Message 9 of 62

Unfortunately, it sounds like you will have to cancel the existing campaign and start a new one. 

Message 10 of 62

Hi @Chad ,

I'm reading through this feed and finding myself a little surprised.  It's been two years and there is still no solution to this problem?  How long does it take to make that change?  For many of us, constantly re-writing campaings is not an efficient use of time, especially when it is just a simple change that needs to be made.  I would love to hear some positive words suggesting this change is in process.   On behalf of small businesses everywhere, Thank you! 

Message 11 of 62

This is soooooo FRUSTRATING!!! Fix THIS ASAP!!! Mailchimp doesn't have this issue and its free!!!!! I pay $38 a month for this, its unfair that if i need to edit I have to lose everything and start over!!!

Message 12 of 62

This is ridiculous. I should be able to edit a campaign when I notice a simple typo.

Message 13 of 62

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: “We need to change wording on loyalty email but I can't see where to edit.”. The original author has been notified via email.

We have a birthday club and Square sends out a $10 coupon to the customer.  We need to be able to edit that but cannot see how to do it.

Message 14 of 62

Hello @machtien, welcome to the Seller Community! 

Currently editing an active campaign is a feature request. I merged your post with this thread since a similar question was asked before.

You will need to end the campaign to edit the message and then you can re-launch it!

Message 15 of 62

I am definitely in need of this service for our campaign as well. I really don't want to cancel it as some customers have already redeemed, which is what brought up wording needing to be added. 

Message 16 of 62
Admin

I'll share your request with the team @RubyRoseMarket!

Keep in mind when you cancel a campaign you'll see the option to select whether you’d like to still honor unredeemed coupons, or cancel and invalidate unredeemed coupons.

If you select the option to honor unredeemed coupons anyone who has already received an email will be able to redeem their coupon, and so will anyone who receives the updated campaign message. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 17 of 62

Is there any update on this feature? Need to be able to edit active campaigns and duplicat them so that new versions can be made. It would allow for A/B testing as well.

Message 18 of 62

Hello @rdruz, no updated on this yet.

We are still tracking feedback for this request though! 

Message 19 of 62

We just sent out our first marketing blast and put the wrong date as an expiration date. We put March 16th and it should of been April 16th. Anyway to fix it since it is live in motion?

Thanks,

FTC

Message 20 of 62
Admin

@cnewton9 I moved your post into this thread so you can see @Chad's Best Answer. Though you can't edit an active campaign you can cancel one and choose to honor any unredeemed coupons.

I'll share your request for a way to edit an active camapign with the Marketing team as well though, I see how that would be useful in cases like this! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 21 of 62