x

Square Marketing: Pay as you go

The title of this thread was updated from its original title: “pay as you go marketing”.

I am setting up an email campaign for the second time and I am not able to click on the "Pay as You Go" option for .10 per email. I do not wish to sign up for regular marketing emails, but the 30 day Free Trial is the only option I can choose. I could probably go with this option and cancel within 30 days, but really I am willing to pay the .10/email once every 18 months or so.

Message 1 of 9
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

This post was updated in 2020.

Hi @SavaneSilver - welcome to the 👥 community!

This Support Center article has the details of Square Marketing pricing — pricing is based on the number of reachable customers in your Customer Directory. If you have a small number of customers or if you send the occasional email you can pay as you go for $0.10 per email. 

To send a campaign:

1. Click the Marketing tab from the lefthand menu on your Square Dashboard, then click Get Started.
  2. Click Create Campaign > select a campaign type (Email, Facebook, Receipt)
  3. Customize the email template to fit your needs.
  4. Select your recipients by adding your preferred customer group(s).
  5. Review your campaign and send.

For more information check out this Square Marketing Get Started Guide. I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions. 📩 👏

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Alumni

Best Answer

This post was updated in 2020.

Hi @SavaneSilver - welcome to the 👥 community!

This Support Center article has the details of Square Marketing pricing — pricing is based on the number of reachable customers in your Customer Directory. If you have a small number of customers or if you send the occasional email you can pay as you go for $0.10 per email. 

To send a campaign:

1. Click the Marketing tab from the lefthand menu on your Square Dashboard, then click Get Started.
  2. Click Create Campaign > select a campaign type (Email, Facebook, Receipt)
  3. Customize the email template to fit your needs.
  4. Select your recipients by adding your preferred customer group(s).
  5. Review your campaign and send.

For more information check out this Square Marketing Get Started Guide. I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions. 📩 👏

Message 2 of 9

Hello, 

I'm just wondering when I emailed me the review design, I didn't see the review even in spam. 

Can you solve it?

Message 3 of 9
Alumni

Hi @Frommilk - Sorry this isn't sending and thanks for checking your spam folder first!

Can you try adding the email address the message sends from to your contact list and then send the preview email again? 

The email should come from marketing@messages.squareup.com.

Let us know if this works.

Message 4 of 9

I followed all these instructions, created the email, went through the test email, and now when I want to send using the pay as you go it won't give me that option. I only send emails 3 or 4 times a year, I don' t need a monthly subscription. 

I am VERY frustrated at the moment trying to figure this out!!! 

Jennifer

Message 5 of 9
Square Community Moderator

@jenniferpatters Pay as you go is not an option for automated campaigns. Is that the type of campaign you were trying to send?

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 9

I can't answer that because I am not sure. I went to the marketing tab on my page, scrolled down to email, clicked, went through all the steps to create the email, then when I hit send it would not go because I am not signed up for the Monthly marketing.

I only send email newsletters 3 to 4 times a year I do NOT want the monthly plan!

At this point I am researching and trying to figure out how to use a third party email service with my website.........AND not having much luck. I am not tech savvy and cannot find any instructions as to how to do this. I asked for help on this almost a month ago and never got a helpful answer. 

I am currently VERY frustrated and will get back to work on this after the holidays. 

Message 7 of 9
Square Community Moderator

@jenniferpatters I hear you in this, but I'm not asking you to subscribe monthly. We offer different sets of campaigns and if you accidentally selected you wanted an automated campaign, then you would have to pay monthly since the campaigns under that category will send automatically at set dates. 

In your case, make sure you have one time selected, rather than automated, and you likely will be able to send the campaigns without subscribing. I have a screenshot below of what this will look like:

This is the first option at the top of your screen after you select "create campaign."

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 8 of 9

I didn't create a campaign, I created an email, maybe that was the issue. I will look into it more after the holidays. 

Jennifer

Message 9 of 9