x
Super Seller

Square Online Store and age verification?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Curb pick up, Online,Delivery...... Age Restricted products.... Face to Face Sale....]

We are starting food delivery, But we sell Wine and want to know if online is ok? we where told in the past face to face only for sales that require ID........

Since these go through "Online" but get delivered Face to Face How dose this apply? I assume it would be ok BUT if in person They do not have ID(or Proper ID) at time of pick up face to face... Just cancel the sale....... IS this allowed? I do not want to jeperdise my square account... 

Message 1 of 29
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Great news! 🍻 

After successful Beta testing, we just launched alcohol delivery with DoorDash as our first courier partner, in selected states where it is legal  🎉 When buyers add alcohol to the cart as part of an On Demand Delivery order, they will see a footnote in the cart stating that ID verification is required

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 26 of 29
28 REPLIES 28

@Kassi_ 

Has this feature been added? 

Message 22 of 29
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Tradesmen - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community👋 Alanah here, stepping in for @Kassi_.

I'm not sure if we have implemented the feature you're asking about but I can certainly reach out to our Square Online Store Support Team to confirm this for you.

I'll be sure to tag you again here once I have an update. I appreciate your patience in the meantime! 

Violet
Message 23 of 29

Yes. Please tag me too Violet.  Please.  I am looking to retail delta 9 edibles here in MN which it's legal.  It's required, online age verification, when retailing and shipping these gummies to customers here in Minnesota.  Other vendors have this set up already so it is hindering your square customers like myself.  Thank you sooooo much

Message 24 of 29
Super Seller

There are many 3rd party ways to do this... in the meantime FYI not to take away from Square we love it but business must go on. 

Message 25 of 29
Alumni

Best Answer

Great news! 🍻 

After successful Beta testing, we just launched alcohol delivery with DoorDash as our first courier partner, in selected states where it is legal  🎉 When buyers add alcohol to the cart as part of an On Demand Delivery order, they will see a footnote in the cart stating that ID verification is required

Valentina
Message 26 of 29

Does this feature only work for On Demand Delivery?  Can he work for In house delivery?

Message 27 of 29
Beta Member

I know this question is rather dated. Do you know when we can expect age verification to come to physical POS products?

We will soon be required to do this in our state if our sales increase.

Thank you for your time!

Message 28 of 29
Super Seller

My sources tell me a Square hasent Gun anything on this recently I’ve been looking into it myself. Currently we use a third-party verification system. I would love for there to be a api for this.

Message 29 of 29