x

Square POS Kits

Hello everybody

We are using the Square App for our candy store in Belgium. I'm intrested in buying a POS Kit from Square (stand, cash drawer, printer, scanner).

My questions:

- Is the stand connected to the electricity? Is there a version that is compatible with the electricity circuit in Europe? Or do I have to buy an extra converter?

- Besides the stand, does the scanner, printer and cash drawer need there own electricity plugin? Of do they get feed by the USB in the stand?

I need to now this information because we are moving our store to a bigger location. Since we have to build everything from scratch I need to make sure there are enough electricity plugins in our counter.

For now I figure: 1 x electricity + 1 x UTP (for the Ethernet connection for the printer)

Thank you for your time reading and hopefully answering 🙂

Cya!

Ruben

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Beta Member

There is cable running from under the square stand ( for power and USB hub)
Power supply is 110/220 V 50/60hz so it will work in europe.
Barcode scanner is connected  to USB hub (no power supply)
Cash drawer ( if you get USB model its connected to HUB so  no power supply)

You dont need ethernet next to stand because receipt printer should  be USB connected.

One power outlet for Stand, one for printer,  one for USB adapter ( If you use chip reader)
Stand

Message 2 of 10

Thanks for your responds Lima.

I found a page with good information aswel. After 2 days.. derp 🙂

Maybe usefull for other people aswel:

https://squareup.com/guides/pos-kits/retail-ipad-air

Message 3 of 10
Beta Member

Get the stand  before  you counter is built.
If you take your time  it will look great,  I don’t like wires all over the place.

Tip for routing cable for stand.

Drill   hole  next to the set screw hole  for  stand cable ( on side you decide) so there is no visible cable from top.

Message 4 of 10

Yes, that is the plan! Cables are messy and don't look nice for customers 🙂

I just wanted to buy the kit on the square shop but I can't chose Belgium as country. Is this only for US?

I have google little and I don't find a reseller atm.

Message 5 of 10

@Candyman We're excited to have you be apart of our Seller Community!  😀  🇧🇪  🎉

Currently we do not ship POS kits to Europe. We have a number of Sellers in Europe using Square, who might have some insight into this issue. The Square Stand is sold at Best Buy, Staples, and the Apple store. One of these retailers might be able to ship a Stand internationally, but I can't say for sure. 

I will pass along this feedback along to the product team. If the Square Stand becomes avalible internationally we will make sure to make an announcement.

If you have any other questions I will be more than happy to help! ✌️

Message 6 of 10

hello mind if i ask a question....so i ordered a kit just like that last week? How long does it usually take to ship. Been about 6 business days. Also there was no tracking information thank you

Message 7 of 10
Square

@badtastepvd - It normally only takes a few business days. It sounds like it might be best if we took a closer look at your individual order. Can you please reach out directly? Thanks!

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 8 of 10

I tried calling but did not work , no one picked up. Waiting on an email reply. kinda nervous we open store in a few days. Could you possibly help if i sent you order number?

Message 9 of 10
Square

@badtastepvd - I'd suggest requesting a callback. As soon as we make it to your place in line (if there is a wait) - we'll give you a ring! 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 10 of 10