x

Square Payroll: Is it possible to have an irregular pay schedule?

My income is done by the number of jobs.  Sometimes I have months with no income and others with income.  Is it possible to set up an manual pay schedule?  For example, pay myself twice in one month and one 3 months from now.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Sorry for this late reply @billdozer!

Square Payroll offers four pay period schedules: monthly, weekly, semi-monthly (2 pay periods per month), and bi-weekly (every two weeks). 

If you need to make a payment outside of the payroll schedules above, you can run an off-cycle Payroll payment

Let me know if you have any other questions!

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 4

I use Square Payroll. All my employees are enrolled into direct deposit. Pays are done weekly basis, meaning Monday to Sunday's payroll are paid on the following Wednesday. But it looks like direct deposit is not happening before the Friday. Can I change it to happen in Wednesday or at least earlier than the Friday?  

Message 3 of 4
Alumni

Thanks for writing in @MoMoToGo!

With On-cycle payments, the payday is always 5 business days after the end of the pay period (the due date is always the first business day after the end of the pay period, and payday is 4 business days after that). 

So you have a couple options:

1. Submit an off-cycle payment 4 business days before the desired pay date. This requires manual action is cannot be automated. 
  2. Apply for 2 day payroll which allows you to submit payroll up to 2 business days from your team’s pay date. 

I hope this helps!

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4