x

Square Register Customer Display Options

We are considering upgrading from Square Stand to Square Register but have a few questions specific to the Customer Facing Display:

1. Does the customer facing display allow the customer to add themselves to our directory?  Specifically we have customers that buy items in store and offer option to ship them for them instead of having to carry out of store (we are located in a heavy tourist area).  We currently swivel the Square Standa round for them to enter this data.  Is this information available for them to enter on the customer facing display?  I have not seen any demos of a full transaction from start to finish from the customer end that shows this.

2. Does the customer facing display allow you to offer option to collect e-mails at the end of the transaction?  In the Square Stand POS App it provides that (snippet provided) also.  We do not use the Square Loyalty program as the collected e-mails get fed into our e-mail auto-responders via Zapier.  The main thing is we want to see if the customer facing display shows the option to sign up for e-mails at the end of the transaction just like the POS App does.

Screen Shot 2019-03-19 at 10.16.06 PM.png

Is there somoene from Square that monitors this thread that can show this and information for #1 above as well?

Thanks

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Super Seller Alumni

Hey @glayop 

Congrats on growing and thinking about upgrading!

We have 4 of them and we absolutely love them. 

1. Yes! Customers can absolutely input their own info into the directory on the Customer Facing Display - you just need to start the process on your side and the options for them to fill in their info will pop up on the second display. You can see more info in the comments on this thread, along with a photo I took of the screen: https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/General-Discussion/My-New-Square-Register-Review/td-p/62523/page/...

2. Also yes! The customer can enter in their own email address on the customer facing display when the email prompt appears at the end of the transaction!

hope this helps, and let me know if you have any other questions!

Pesso

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 2 of 13

Thank you so much for this information and the photo.  We were worried about the customer facing display not having an on-screen keyboard/keypad for entering that information or the prompts to do so but glad that it does based upon the photo you provided.

we use the Square stand right now to also play music in the store and capture product suggestions (via Asana).  We are looking for ways to do this on a 2nd device once we switch to the square register

Thanks again!

Message 3 of 13
Super Seller Alumni

Glad I could help!

For that point, we absolutely keep a couple of iPads mounted to our walls for music, our work schedule, our notes app, our training guide on google drive, fulfilling online pickup orders, and more!

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Message 4 of 13

that is fantastic and that's the part that would really help us.  Do you have any images of your wall setup?  That would definitely help me envision how the iPad setups would work for our retail store.

have you found that your employees adapted well to having a dedicated POS separate from the iPad?  I'm assuming you originally started with the Square stand and upgraded.  I'm wanting to make the transition as seamless as possible and make the adoption of it  a smooth one.

Message 5 of 13
Super Seller Alumni

I will absolutely share some photos later on in the day when I have a little more time. 

My employees and I all love that the registers are separate from the iPads! This way there’s no bottle necks when we have customers that need to be rung up, and another employee needs to do/change something outside of the POS. With separate devices, everyone can work simultaneously and have dedicated devices for different functions. Customers love it too!

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Message 6 of 13

awesome  - thank you so much!

Message 7 of 13
Super Seller Alumni

Another iPad mounted on the wall in our Work Area with a Second Location set up for Inventory of TubsAnother iPad mounted on the wall in our Work Area with a Second Location set up for Inventory of Tubs

Registers in Front - iPad on the Wall in BackRegisters in Front - iPad on the Wall in Back

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Message 8 of 13

Hi, We want to mount the ipad to the wall for ease of service. Has anyone else done this? What has the best mount been and what cords have you also used?

Thanks!

Message 9 of 13
Admin

Hi @MadelinePolton1! Welcome to the Seller Community!

I moved your post here so you can see how @pessosices has mounted an iPad to the wall. Feel free to tag him and ask additional questions about his set up as well. We have very helpful Super Sellers here in the Community that are more than happy to give some tips and tricks.

Good luck!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 10 of 13
Super Seller Alumni

There are luckily lots of options for iPad Mounting!

I've used these three methods depending on my needs:

1. Locked Down - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GA425ES/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

2. Not Locked - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01BX5YWF4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

3. Handy - https://www.amazon.com/Native-Union-GRIPSTER-Wrap-Multi-Functional/dp/B00RK6IN2O/ref=sr_1_3?keywords...

For cords, I just use the regular iPad Charging cable & plug - typically the 6 foot cable for a longer reach.

Hope one of these help!

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Message 11 of 13

We were run a drive-through only business, and because of that, the customers don’t see the square screens and the tip request.

is there a way to add an additional external screen, that we can mount outside the drive they window, that quickly displays the customers total, and they can tap if they want to tip?

Message 12 of 13
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @Chstewart202

Welcome to the Community. 

Yes, you have a couple of options for the customer facing display. Also, it will depend on the reader you're using too. 

I moved your post to a thread where sellers have asked similar questions on this topic and provided some helpful tips. 

Also, here is a Support Article with steps for the customer facing display too. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 13 of 13