x
Beta Member

Square Register Customer Display Options

I am considering switching from the Square Stand to Square Register. Is there an option to turn off the transaction details on the customer facing screen? I own a higher end boutique and do not want a running balance shown to the customer. They take the final total like champs but do not need to see it adding up item by item. lol

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Super Seller

Message 2 of 7
Beta Member

Thank you!

Message 3 of 7
Super Seller Alumni

I don't believe there's a way of turning off the item display in the Register.  How about adding up the services they're buying while they're being served, then keeping it in a saved ticket for when they check out?  Another thought (probably not something you want to do though): use the display detached from the screen and keep it turned around while you ring up the sale.  Only turn it back toward the customer when you've totaled it and present it for the customer to pay.

Judy T Shumway
Message 4 of 7
Super Seller Alumni

Thanks @VanKalkerFarms - I believe @GlassJudy is correct and there is no setting to turn off a running tally of items. 
Good work around ideas too!

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 5 of 7
Beta Member

Thank you for the replies! That will be the reason that keeps me from upgrading to the Square Register. For our particular business it just wont work.

Thank you everyone!

Message 6 of 7
Super Seller Alumni

You're welcome, and I'm sorry you couldn't find a way to make the Register work for you.  We use it in our business, and find it a very valuable system.

Judy T Shumway
Message 7 of 7