x

Square Register: How do I change the background picture on the customer facing display?

where do i go to change the background picture on the customer facing display? it is showing an old logo 😐

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 43
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @AFF1979 I started a separate thread for your question becuase I think you have the new Square Register.

You can change the background image on the customer facing display from your online Square Dashboard. To get started:

1. Sign in at squareup.com/login > navigate to the Account & Settings section,
  2. Click Locations > and click on the location name.
  3. Scroll down to Point of Sale checkout background.
  4. To remove an image click on the small image preview to the bottom left > click Remove.
  5. To upload a new image > click on the image icon > click Save in the top right corner. 

You might need to power your Register off and turn it back on again to see the new image. 

Let me know if you have any questions about this! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 43
42 REPLIES 42
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @AFF1979 I started a separate thread for your question becuase I think you have the new Square Register.

You can change the background image on the customer facing display from your online Square Dashboard. To get started:

1. Sign in at squareup.com/login > navigate to the Account & Settings section,
  2. Click Locations > and click on the location name.
  3. Scroll down to Point of Sale checkout background.
  4. To remove an image click on the small image preview to the bottom left > click Remove.
  5. To upload a new image > click on the image icon > click Save in the top right corner. 

You might need to power your Register off and turn it back on again to see the new image. 

Let me know if you have any questions about this! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 43

A follow up question on this same subject.   If you add multiple images, do they "slideshow"?

Also, in the middle of the image, it has my business name in white letters.  Can that be changed/removed/modified?

Message 3 of 43
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @CopyCopy1! Thanks for chiming in here. This is one is a tricky one - so glad you asked.

This resource by @evandoyle should have the answers you're looking for. To copy some of his well-stated post:

You can turn the image off at any point in the Settings section of Square Register. You can also choose to show your business name in white lettering over the image of your choosing, or over a black background if you do not have an image uploaded to the customer display. You can also control turning your business name text on/off in the Settings section of Square Register.   

I believe that currently, you can only have one background image uploaded to the Register at a time.

Let me know if you have any additional questions! I am here to help. 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 43
Beta Member

Did you ever figure out if you can do a slideshow? If not, I wonder why you can upload multiple photos.  I tried adding 2 but it only showed the first one.

Message 5 of 43

Helen, how can I remove the white lettering that overlays the background image? It currently (by default I assume) has our companies name, but it is over our logo and doesn't look right.

Thanks so much for your help.

Message 6 of 43
Admin

Hey @CCCH!

Can you take a look at the pro-tips listed in this post? 

Hopefully that provides some insight. If not, our Super Sellers who use the Square Register may have some input:

@DaveMellow @GlassJudy @HC_Charlie @jjgard @MichiganFarmsta @mooretoys

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 7 of 43

I appreciate the response, and I will check the suggested link.

Joe seems to have the answer to my question, but when I follow the steps he gives I'm not able to accomplish what I'm looking to accomplish. It has been a while since he answered, so maybe the interface has changed since then? 

I can see where to change the background photo, so it seems I am at the right location, I just can't figure out how to remove the text.

Message 8 of 43
Admin

@Joe worked on the Hardware team at Square that specialized in the Square Register prior to becoming a Community Moderator, so he may have some further insight for you @CCCH. I'll pass this along to him. Thank you for your patience! 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 9 of 43

Thanks again @isabelle . Following your link before I found the attached pic as an answer. It seems as though @AshleyK's answer would solve my problem. However, when I follow her steps, I don't see the option to toggle on and off the business name. 

Maybe I'm still missing something somewhere. I appreciate your assistance.Screen Shot 2021-01-12 at 8.52.25 PM.png

Message 10 of 43

HI there, @CCCH 👋 Just reviewed your conversation with Isabelle (she is the best), and I am happy to step in and assist here!

Yes! - I can confirm you tracked down the correct steps from your screenshot from Ashley's post, nice job! Although it is concerning that you aren't seeing the toggle option, since that should be appearing for you.

Are you running the most current software for the Square Register? If so, yet you are still not seeing this option, I would reach out to our Support Team directly for further troubleshooting. They can make sure this gets fully resolved for you.

Joe
Message 11 of 43

Hi @Joe, thanks so much for messaging back. Maybe I'm still the problem. I am trying to access this option via squareup.com, and going through those settings. Is this where I need to go to be doing this? 

Message 12 of 43

Is there any way to do this via squareup (not on the device)? I do remote graphic design for my coffee company and would prefer not to ask the client to adjust the settings. 

Message 13 of 43

Hello @haiku,

We see its your first post int he Seller Community, Welcome! 😊

It is possible to adjust the background picture/logo for the customer facing display from the Dashboard. To do so you will need to do the following:

Important Note: (You’ll need to add digital and printed receipt logos from your online Square Dashboard)

1. Go to your Account & Settings tab, and click Locations > Select the location you’d like to update.
  2. Scroll down to Point of Sale Checkout Background and hover over the image box.
  3. Click Upload or the + icon in the image box.
  4. Add your images, and click Save.
  5. Refresh your browser to see your uploaded images if needed.

Please let me know if this solution was successful. Hope to hear from you soon! 

Frida
Message 14 of 43

@Joe, so I figured out how to remove the white letters on the customer display; accessing the settings on the register itself. However, I can't figure out how to remove the white letters on the main display. Any suggestions?

Message 15 of 43

Hi there, @CCCH - thanks for the quick response! Would you mind adding a picture of what you are seeing here? - are you referring to the Seller-facing display screen?

Joe
Message 16 of 43

@Joe, thanks again for the response. I was able to figure out how to remove the letters on the customer facing display. However, I still have them on the display facing the employees. While not nearly as frustrating, I would like to remove the white letters (Cross Culture Coffee Shop) along the top. Please see attached pic for reference.

Message 17 of 43

HI, I am trying to set up my Location Details but when I attempt to upload a Profile Picture I get an error saying "Profile image should have content type image/jpeg, image/pjpeg, image/png, image/x-png, image/gif"

I have uploaded multiple image/PNG and image/jpeg with the recommended sizing but it still will not let me proceed. PLEASE HELP!!

Message 18 of 43

Hi there, @swimwithgemma - thanks for reaching out here on the Seller Community. Welcome!

So sorry to hear you are experiencing issues when attempting to upload your display background image. This type of issue is more difficult for us to troubleshoot here from the Community, considering there are multiple causes that can be affecting ability to upload.

Would you mind flagging this over to our Support Team directly? They can take a look with you.

Joe
Message 19 of 43
Super Seller

I haven't updated my Square register images in a while, but there are two places to double check settings. In the web dashboard you can upload and choose your images for the customer-facing screen, BUT some settings are also in your Square register. Go to Settings>Hardware>Customer Display. Here you check your logo on-off, adjust display timing. Just another place to make sure you double check your settings.

Message 20 of 43

Hi. Ok on the register I went to hardware, customer display. I don’t see an option to change picture. 

Message 21 of 43