x

Square Register: How do I change the background picture on the customer facing display?

where do i go to change the background picture on the customer facing display? it is showing an old logo 😐

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 43
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @AFF1979 I started a separate thread for your question becuase I think you have the new Square Register.

You can change the background image on the customer facing display from your online Square Dashboard. To get started:

1. Sign in at squareup.com/login > navigate to the Account & Settings section,
  2. Click Locations > and click on the location name.
  3. Scroll down to Point of Sale checkout background.
  4. To remove an image click on the small image preview to the bottom left > click Remove.
  5. To upload a new image > click on the image icon > click Save in the top right corner. 

You might need to power your Register off and turn it back on again to see the new image. 

Let me know if you have any questions about this! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 43
42 REPLIES 42

Do I sign into square on my new register? Or my iPad?

Message 22 of 43

Just trying to change background picture for customer facing screen

Message 23 of 43

I went to settings, hardware and customer display. I don’t see an option to change picture

Message 24 of 43
Admin

@CopyCopy1 and @AFF1979

Circling back to this post! 

We're currently testing this feature in beta. We'd love to have you involved. The formal invite should head your way soon, but we'd like to invite you to join our Beta Community so you can offer your feedback and follow along with other features and betas that you may be interested in for the future. 

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Message 25 of 43

Not sure if people are still commenting on this topic, but I have a desire to display an image on the customer facing screen of my Square Register but I would rather NOT have it display in the background of the login screen on the main POS display. For some reason these seem to be shared/connected... is there any way to accomplish this? NOTE: I know there is a toggle for displaying the profile image on the idle screen, which I want, I'm trying to NOT have the profile image behind the keypad of the log in screen.

Thanks!

Message 26 of 43
Admin

@SilverStars 

Our team should reach out shortly with the invitation to this Beta. As I understand this the images will be specific to your Register.

Please take a second to join the Android Beta Community to help us with your feedback, bugs, and feature requests.

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Message 27 of 43

Hello, I am trying to add my profile image onto my customer display screen, but it will not come up. It works when I set the screen to display my business name, but remains blank when I select to display my profile image. Is there anything I can do to fix this and get my image to show on my customer display?

Message 28 of 43
Alumni

Welcome to the Community @branmurt 🙌. Take a look at this thread - you'll find steps to change the background on your customer display.

I hope this helps!

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 29 of 43

@branmurt I am having the same issue. I get the pop-up that says "display in image on your customers display, blah, blah, blah" and I have it all set up in Square Dashboard, but then when I go back to move the slider, I still get the same pop-up. I have tried restarting it countless times with no change... Any advice, anyone?

Monica Rae Crane
Message 30 of 43
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @TotalTruck414 👋 Thanks for reaching out and putting this on our radar. This is strange, indeed. In an effort to get this expedited for you, would you mind flagging this over to our Hardware Support Team? They can walk through some further troubleshooting steps with you to find where the discrepancy is. 

Joe
Message 31 of 43
Beta Member

I also have the same issue of uploading a picture from dashboard. I have been uploading and saving pictures and rebooting register and clicking on slider to turn on image. Then i get the error of upload and manage images in the location editor on your dashboard. I have tried multiple pictures and rebooting and powering off. Nothing works. 

Message 32 of 43
Admin

@TotalTruck414 Were you able to get in touch with our CS team, and were they able to get you a resolution? If so, would you mind sharing here for others like @CoreyZ who are experiencing the same thing?

@CoreyZ feel free to also contact our CS team if you're still running into trouble.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 33 of 43

I apologize. I have been out of the office for the holiday. I have forwarded this on to CS and will keep you posted.

Monica Rae Crane
Message 34 of 43

Not a problem, @TotalTruck414 - thanks for reaching back here and letting us know!

We will keep an eye out for your update after working with our Support Team! Definitely let us know. We want to make sure this gets solved for you!

Joe
Message 35 of 43
Beta Member

So today the Square Register Customer display is showing the picture. I haven’t did anything different with the picture at all. So someone from square needs a raise for fixing the issue. Thank you so much 

corey 

Message 36 of 43
Alumni

Really glad to hear that things are looking as they should, @CoreyZ - thanks for stopping by to let us know!

Valentina
Message 37 of 43

After talking to support, this was resolved. No idea what they did, but I came in this morning to my logo on the display. Thanks Armin. Whatever ya did.

Monica Rae Crane
Message 38 of 43

Thanks for jumping back here and letting us know you got your issue resolved with Support, @TotalTruck414! Feel free to reach back out is anything else comes up! 

Joe
Message 39 of 43

Hi there,

Hoping this thread is still active. I've uploaded a photo on the customer facing display. Is there any way to edit the photo, I just need to move it down a little bit. It's getting cut off on the top.

Message 40 of 43

Hi there, @AdolfosLB 👋 Thanks for reaching out! If the above steps aren't helpful for editing your photos, we would recommend using a third-party photo editing application before uploading it to your Register Display.

Joe
Message 41 of 43

I am running the "new" Square Register and added a picture for my background customer display easily enough a few months ago. My business has two distinct seasons and display a different picture depending on the season (or that was my plan). I uploaded another picture to use on the display. Currently when I go into that location it shows the current picture being displayed and it now shows the two pictures (below, thumbnail) that I uploaded, the one being currently used and the new one. When I put the cursor over either thumbnail picture it shows "remove" on the lower half of the picture, when I click on the top half of the picture I want to use, it switches the main large photo with the one I want. However, when I save it (it doesn't update the customer display) and then go back in, the original picture I was using is back as the one to display and then it won't allow me to even click on the other picture to try again. If I sign out and back in I can try again, but the same thing happens, I switch it, save it and go back in and it's back to the original picture. I assume I can remove the original picture and only have one at a time in the "album" but I still need to make sure I have that picture somewhere before I do that, and I assume I shouldn't need to, after all that is why it allows you to upload multiple pictures. I don't know if this is a bug or something I am missing.

Thank you,

Message 42 of 43