x

Square Register Online Orders

I have a food truck and recently I bought SQUARE REGISTER, last week I activated my online store so that my customers could place their order and pick it up at the food truck, but SQUARE REGISTER does not have the option to see my orders online, I have to be with a eye put in my email confirmation orders and open the ipad and then generate the order from the register to print it. Is there any option to do all this from the register?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square Champion

Unfortunately no. At this point, Square Register doesn't accept online orders, nor does any android device from what I can tell.

You can still receive online orders but you'll have to print out the email. If you still have an iPad from the old setup laying around you can have that one as a terminal that is on the Orders applet the whole time.

Hopefully development is continuing to bring online orders to the Register/Android environment!

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Square Champion: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 2 of 5

Please fix this. We just upgraded to Square Register and while I like the setup I am very disappointed that I have to keep our old out of date ipad to continue receiving online orders. 

Message 3 of 5
Beta Member

Could we please add a new feature to the Square Register where you can print out Online Order from the Square Register?

We have the Square Register and that is supposed to be the one-stop shop for everything. However, right now, you can't print out the Online Order unless you are using Square for Restaurant on the iPad.

Could you guys please add this feature so people don't need to buy an iPad in order to be able to print out Online Orders, please?

Message 4 of 5
Admin

@aamcdull thanks so much for posting. I can definitely see how this would be helpful. I've merged your post with an existing thread that is similar to your current request so we can keep all of the feedback in one place. While you can now view your online orders, you will need to print them from your Dashboard as you know. 

To help update the other sellers in this thread, I have a description on viewing your online orders through the Square Register:

Within Square Register you are able to view and filter your online orders by order status, fulfillment type (pickup, curbside, delivery, or shipment) and order source. Each order has relevant fulfillment details in the Active order view, including recipient name, fulfillment type, placed at date, order number (if provided), and fulfillment status (New, In Progress, Ready, Completed).

To view your orders within your Register, click on the navigation panel and select Orders.

Within the Active Orders tab, you can click on a specific order to view the order details. The pickup date and time, recipient information, line item details, and order payment info will all be visible. Click on the Completed tab to view completed orders.

Learn more about Square Register and online orders in our Support Center.

You can also learn more about managing your online orders as well.

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 5