x
Square

Square Point of Sale Update - Virtual Terminal

While I am always excited to share our new announcements, this week's announcement is particularly exciting for me! I’m thrilled to share the Square’s newest feature - Virtual Terminal.

One of our longest running requests from Square sellers is the ability to process credit cards right from the Square Dashboard. We got one step closer with Square Invoices, but we weren’t going to stop there! We kept building and I’m happy to share the hard work of our the whole Square team, let’s jump in!

To process your first payment through your virtual terminal:

1. Log onto your Square Dashboard and select Virtual TerminalScreen Shot 2016-10-25 at 5.19.06 PM.png
  2. Click Take a Payment.
  3. Enter in the payment information and click ChargeScreen Shot 2016-10-25 at 4.59.06 PM.png
  4. Watch your payment process! To return to your Square Dashboard or process another payment select New SaleScreen Shot 2016-09-23 at 10.16.02 AM.png

Typing a card into your Virtual Terminal is considered a manual transaction just like typing a number into your Square Point of Sale so the fee will be the same 3.5% + 15¢.

Your Virtual Terminal processes credit card the same way as your Square Point of Sale so you won’t have to worry about any deposit delays or additional PCI compliance.

That’s it! We hope this change eliminates one more speedbump and helps keep your business running no matter where you are!

Thanks for reading! You can keep up with all of our latest releases by subscribing for email updates. Please feel free to start a new thread if you have any feedback for us.

See you next time!

Kelly and The Square Point of Sale Team

Message 1 of 3
1 Best Answer
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

This is one of the many reasons we LOVE Square. Always improving, always great!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

This is one of the many reasons we LOVE Square. Always improving, always great!

Message 2 of 3
Beta Member

Can you please make it easier for us to integrate invoicing and virtual terminal. I create my weekly invoices then I have to leave that window, process the payments in VT, then go back and mark each invoice as paid and send the receipt to the client. 

It would be so much faster if the invoice had a link to just pay / close out / email client all in one transaction. 

Thanks!

farmersash
Message 3 of 3