x

Square Register - print ONLY online orders

I'm using Square Register connected to a Star printer.  I'm using the Orderspoon app to accept online orders.  I want to print the order tickets only for the online orders that come in - not for the orders that we manually enter in while standing at the register.  I can only figure out how to make it be all one way or the other.  Is it possible to just auto-print online orders?

Message 1 of 13
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Okay, I just got confirmation from our Product Team that CS is correct - There is a parity gap btwn iOS devices and the Register that runs off different software.  The Register's printer settings do not support the differentiation between in-person orders and online orders at this time. 

Sorry for the mix up, but they are working to close those gaps as we speak. @jmsd27 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 8 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Alumni

Try Settings > Hardware > Printers >  Online Order Tickets > Toggle on. Then go back to the Printers page to make sure In-Person order tickets are disabled. 

Not sure if this works with orders ushered through 3rd party apps like Orderspoon though. Try it and let me know how it goes. 

@jmsd27

Justin
Message 2 of 13

Thanks for the reply.  I don't have an option on my software to disable in-person orders.  The only option I have on the Printers page is to print order tickets or not.

Message 3 of 13
Alumni

@jmsd27

Hmm, and the software is up to date correct? 

Justin
Message 4 of 13

I assume it is?  I've had it less than a year.  It's connected to the internet, so I assume it gets regular updates.  I called Square support the other day and they told me there wasn't any way to just enable online only order printing, short of creating a category just for only orders and then disabling order printing for all other categories.

@JustinC 

Message 5 of 13
Alumni

Hmm, I just checked using the POS app on my iPhone. Must be a limitation with the Square Register I assume. Did you talk to CS before or after your initial post. 

Justin
Message 6 of 13

@JustinC I talked to the a day or so after the original post

Message 7 of 13
Alumni

Best Answer

Okay, I just got confirmation from our Product Team that CS is correct - There is a parity gap btwn iOS devices and the Register that runs off different software.  The Register's printer settings do not support the differentiation between in-person orders and online orders at this time. 

Sorry for the mix up, but they are working to close those gaps as we speak. @jmsd27 

Justin
Message 8 of 13

Makes sense.  Thanks for the update and your help.

Message 9 of 13

Justin, Has this fix been completed? 

Message 10 of 13
Beta Member

I can confirm this still isn't working on the square register, oddly enough it worked perfectly fine on the free version, but not the $60 a month version I'm using now, which is frustrating to say the least.   I  figured the paid version would have everything  the free one does plus a whole more for the cost to go to $60 a month from $0 a month

Message 11 of 13
Beta Member

IMG_20210910_131408__01.jpg

IMG_20210910_132722__01.jpg

Message 12 of 13
Super Seller

Not to mention that the Square Register loses a lot of functionality and they REMOVE features for using Square for Retail on a Square register... Between this and the removal of grid paying for square for retail is almost punishing me for using square for retail on a square register.

Like how does this make any sense when trying to run a retail store and online pickup options to not allow automatically printing orders on a square register.

Hell my square register doesn't even notify me of online orders unless I go to the online order screen and the process of printing orders is needlessly complicated.

I'm finding Square to be both useful and frustratingly painful and most of the issues are common sense fixes or have been around for more than a year...

www.PartyManiaBethesda.com
Please Require Customers to pick time/date at checkout for Square online. Thanks!
Message 13 of 13